Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Quiet lock for church building

I was at a church building, Friday night. We were
having a quiet moment, and people were coming
in and out. (end of a meeting). Big wood door,
with hydraulic closer. The passage set is a commercial
large rose, probably Yale. I neglected to check the
backset. Half inch throw latch, not deadlatching.
T-strike. Finish is 26d.

When the door closes, the latch makes a loud
clack. If people are trying to be quiet, that is
gosh awful distracting.

Is there a heavy duty commercial passage latch,
that's not noisy?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus