Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Catholc school survivor 12 step program meeting ..........

Anyone qualify?

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school, I was
treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable scenario

SEAL training would be a cake walk after Catholic school.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Catholic school survivor 12 step program meeting ..........

On 5/3/2011 9:36 AM, Steve B wrote:

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school, I was
treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable scenario

I went from a straight A student in first grade, to a D/F student by 4th
grade. That last teacher really had it in for me. Parents put me in
public school mid year 4th, and it was a rough transition...

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Steve B" wrote in message
Anyone qualify?

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school, I was
treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable scenario

No, I got the weekend version. Still remember a few scary beedy eyed nuns
though. And some that were really cool.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message
diainc...
Steve B wrote:

Anyone qualify?

Nope I never put up with any of that sh*t. My folks sent me to
weekly bible
class. But after a few years, I was moved into a 'special' class,
reputed
to be for 'troublemakers'.

Troublemaker? Me? I never did anything. Always behaved well, paid
attention
in class, asked lots of questions......

Years later, I was invited to several multi-level marketing scams.
Inevitably, I was usually taken aside and asked (privately) if I had
any
interest. If not, could I please leave. So as not to plant seeds of
doubt
into the other potential marks. And then I remembered bible class

When I reached about 14 years old, my parents quit sending me to
bible
class, quit going to church on Sundays and pretty much gave up the
whole
religious thing. When I asked why, they told me that they never
believed in
that God crap, but it was a good way to teach kids a basis for
morality.
Once I was old enough, it was up to me to figure it out for myself.

Figuring it out for yourself is a good way.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 2 May 2011 16:36:28 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Anyone qualify?

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school, I was
treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable scenario

SEAL training would be a cake walk after Catholic school.

Steve

Hah! Mary did 12 years of Catholic school. That can create obedient
subjects or build character. She was a quiet, gentle, generous
moral person of integrity who was impossible to intimidate and if
wronged or ****ed was quite capable of creative and effective
reciprocity.

Going with the SEAL reference, when she was being ravaged by an
incurable disease there was no way she would ring the bell. She stayed
the course with a positive attitude, happy heart and happy mind.
"Happy heart and mind" were her words, not mine. Her attitude was
immediately obvious and somewhat amazing to her care providors.

When I've read about people's "courageous fight" I always wondered
what that meant. How does one "courageously fight" a terminal disease
that's gonna eventually kill ya no matter what you do.

Now I understand. The courageously afflicted eventually die of their
disease, but they refuse to be defeated by it.

Now that I think about it, I guess we made that journey together as a
small team. My attitude was always positive too. Perhaps we enabled
each other. There was never a minute of gloomy foreboding. We even
discussed her eventual funeral on one of the rides down to Mayo, but
it was like an abstraction that wasn't going to happen anytime soon,
and there was humor in the exchange. I had no idea that it would
happen so shortly after that conversation. If she did, she concealed
it well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
Anyone qualify?

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school,
I was treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable
scenario ...................

SEAL training would be a cake walk after Catholic school.

Steve

Eight years of nuns followed by eight years of Jesuits. Yes, I have
scars!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 3 May 2011 02:08:14 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone qualify?

I went from first to fourth grade. My first year in public school,
I was treated like a leper, asking permission for every imaginable
scenario ...................

SEAL training would be a cake walk after Catholic school.

Steve

Eight years of nuns followed by eight years of Jesuits. Yes, I have
scars!

That's enough to turn a guy into a lesbian, huh?
Condolences, sir.

--
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found
no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 3 May 2011 14:42:32 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 3 May 2011 02:08:14 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

Eight years of nuns followed by eight years of Jesuits. Yes, I have
scars!

That's enough to turn a guy into a lesbian, huh?
Condolences, sir.

I admit it...I used to molest priests! Then I discovered my true
nature as a lesbian.

You've come a long way, baby!

--
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found
no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings.
-- Helen Keller

Inlay Rimmed Lidded Box with Integral Finial - Step By Step charlieb Woodturning 4 December 22nd 08 07:55 AM
SURVIVOR PROMO MRS. CLEAN Home Repair 1 May 7th 08 12:58 AM
Step By Step Instructions For A Free Photo IPOD Buck Electronics 1 December 21st 04 02:32 PM