Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Allentown Steel Fab auction......

Anyone going? Most of the machines will not even fit in my building
but I'm going to look around. Some support equipment might be
useful. Preview is today auction on the 14th.

bidspotter.com should have details.

Location is Allentown PA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy333" wrote in message
Anyone going? Most of the machines will not even fit in my building
but I'm going to look around. Some support equipment might be
useful. Preview is today auction on the 14th.

bidspotter.com should have details.

Location is Allentown PA.

Somehow, I got a hold of their paper "brochure" for this auction... The
stuff there is huge. I was especially impressed with their steel plate
offerings and railroad cars.

If I was eccentric and rich, I'd be snapping up some cool stuff there for my
home. For now, I'll have to settle for the eccentric and not-so-rich stuff.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone going? Most of the machines will not even fit in my building
but I'm going to look around. Some support equipment might be
useful. Preview is today auction on the 14th.

bidspotter.com should have details.

Location is Allentown PA.

Somehow, I got a hold of their paper "brochure" for this auction... The
stuff there is huge. I was especially impressed with their steel plate
offerings and railroad cars.

If I was eccentric and rich, I'd be snapping up some cool stuff there for my
home. For now, I'll have to settle for the eccentric and not-so-rich stuff.

I just got back they have 4060 lots, they intend to sell it all in a
single day.......Heard the auctioneer say he expects to get through
the first 600 lots in 45 minutes. WOW.

Should have been a 2 or 3 day auction.

Tomorrow will tell.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
Anyone going? Most of the machines will not even fit in my building
but I'm going to look around. Some support equipment might be
useful. Preview is today auction on the 14th.

bidspotter.com should have details.

Location is Allentown PA.

Somehow, I got a hold of their paper "brochure" for this auction... The
stuff there is huge. I was especially impressed with their steel plate
offerings and railroad cars.

If I was eccentric and rich, I'd be snapping up some cool stuff there for my
home. For now, I'll have to settle for the eccentric and not-so-rich stuff.

I just got back they have 4060 lots, they intend to sell it all in a
single day.......Heard the auctioneer say he expects to get through
the first 600 lots in 45 minutes. WOW.

Should have been a 2 or 3 day auction.

Tomorrow will tell.

I have the brochure on that auction and sure would like to attend but I
am in the middle of doing two emergency repair jobs for two companys and
cannot take the time off. I sure could use some heavy plate to put
under one of my machines. Otherwise I will have to put in a pit.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 13, 2:36*pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone going? * *Most of the machines will not even fit in my building
but I'm going to look around. * *Some support equipment might be
useful. * Preview is today auction on the 14th.

bidspotter.com should have details.

Location is Allentown PA.

Somehow, I got a hold of their paper "brochure" for this auction... *The
stuff there is huge. *I was especially impressed with their steel plate
offerings and railroad cars.

If I was eccentric and rich, I'd be snapping up some cool stuff there for my
home. *For now, I'll have to settle for the eccentric and not-so-rich stuff.

I just got back they have 4060 lots, they intend to sell it all in a
single day.......Heard the auctioneer say he expects to get through
the first 600 lots in 45 minutes. * WOW.

Should have been a 2 or 3 day auction.

Tomorrow will tell.- Hide quoted text -

Not a good sign.

They will be grouping lots to make that deadline..lots of them.

Sounds like they already have a set of buyers set up.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:05:29 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Apr 13, 2:36*pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

They did group a bunch of lots, most was "choice in numerical order"
All in All not bad, I spent all of $33.00 WOW. Was out bid on all
the welders, they did have a few nice pulse MIG machines.

I left at 6PM they had around 800-900 lots to go.

What's a 4 roll plate roller worth? nice one with 1" x 10 foot
capacity. went for 315,000 they said replacement was 2mil.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:36 pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

capacity. * went for 315,000 * they said replacement was 2mil.- Hide quoted text -

LOL...so they still had a fourth of the lots to go at 6PM..figures.

How many rings did they have going?

Good turnout?

Any foreign buyers visible buying serious iron?

FWIW...I have seen some screaming deals in the ending hours of an
industrial auction..quality stuff going for fractions of cents on the
dollar.

In my experience, welders always go high...even the scrap..there are
only a few companies left in that niche and they have an monopoly. I
expect that to change as the older stuff dies off...the newer stuff
has much less value in terms of parts and raw scrap.

Iggy's latest purchase was a real coup in that respect. ;)

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:36 pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

1 ring

Good turnout?

Yes

Any foreign buyers visible buying serious iron?

Not that I saw, many from out of state though...

FWIW...I have seen some screaming deals in the ending hours of an
industrial auction..quality stuff going for fractions of cents on the
dollar.

In my experience, welders always go high...even the scrap..there are
only a few companies left in that niche and they have an monopoly. I
expect that to change as the older stuff dies off...the newer stuff
has much less value in terms of parts and raw scrap.

Iggy's latest purchase was a real coup in that respect. ;)

I'll look, think I missed the post on that.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Apr 13, 2:36 pm, Randy333 wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:50:17 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"

wrote:
"Randy333" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

TMT- Hide quoted text -

From Ig...a Master of finding good buys and all around good guy...

" made an incredible buy today too, a Lincoln LN-25 MIG wire feed for
CC and CV machines, together with a gas solenoid option and a
contactor option. The price was $50. The seller, a gorgeous red
headed
woman, was 100% honest with this welder also. "

I do admit that I am disappointed that we did not see a picture of the
redhead... ;)

TMT