Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gloves & PVC cement

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Lesher wrote:

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

Nitrile is generally the most chemically resistant and also the most
expensive.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
David Lesher wrote:
Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

Nitrile is generally the most chemically resistant and also the most
expensive.

Strong solvents will go through any of the above.

Try Playtex household cloves.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Lesher wrote:

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something
else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

Has it occurred to you to not dip your hands into the glue? That's what
that swab in the lid is for.

But if you want to protect your hands, slather them with Vaseline.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:51:10 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

Your suppose to let it dry on your hands and peal off like some bad
disease and watch the cashiers as they are afraid to take your money.

SW

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

Your suppose to let it dry on your hands and peal off like some bad
disease and watch the cashiers as they are afraid to take your money.

Hehehe. If he's going to get it all over his hands anyway, liquid
gloves are the ticket. It peels right off without the fun at the
register, though.

--
If you're looking for the key to the Universe,
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked.
--Swami Beyondananda
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 10, 1:51*pm, David Lesher wrote:
Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

That generally has some pretty potent solvents in it, probably will
eat all of those. It's designed to dissolve plastic, after all. What
you need are some chemical handling gloves, last seen at the local
hardware store. Not inexpensive but not one-time use, either.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-04-10, David Lesher wrote:
Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

I don't know for sure, but I would bet on the Nitrile. I wear
them when handling various potentially nasty solvents. Of course, I
don't know what the "something else" might be, so all bets are off for
those. :-)

Get some of each, and suspend them by the cuffs while pouring a
bit of the solvent into each. Let them hang for a few hours, and come
back to see how they held up -- then perhaps try gripping each finger
with needle nose pliers and see if that causes a leak or tear.

I got my box of Nitrile gloves at a hamfest some years ago.

And Latex causes an allergic reaction in some people, which is
why the health care field has mostly gone to Nitrile.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. Nichols" writes:

I got my box of Nitrile gloves at a hamfest some years ago.

And Latex causes an allergic reaction in some people, which is
why the health care field has mostly gone to Nitrile.

Several flavors can be had at Harbor Fright. ~$5-10/100

--
A host is a host from coast to

hydraulic cement --- expansive cement --- cracking? Matt[_7_] Home Repair 31 June 26th 20 01:39 AM
Gloves, again PeterC UK diy 9 July 13th 09 04:33 PM
Gloves? Charlie Jones Woodturning 11 January 20th 09 04:37 AM
Removing contact adhesive cement/mortar floor, repairing cement Clive UK diy 3 October 16th 08 04:25 PM
Cement Backer Board on Cement Subfloor? [email protected] Home Repair 4 December 6th 05 01:38 AM