Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gloves & PVC cement

On 2011-04-10, David Lesher wrote:
Harbor Freight has 3-4 kind of gloves; latex, nitrile, vinyl & something else.

Which, if any, don't dissolve with PVC cement?

I don't know for sure, but I would bet on the Nitrile. I wear
them when handling various potentially nasty solvents. Of course, I
don't know what the "something else" might be, so all bets are off for
those. :-)

Get some of each, and suspend them by the cuffs while pouring a
bit of the solvent into each. Let them hang for a few hours, and come
back to see how they held up -- then perhaps try gripping each finger
with needle nose pliers and see if that causes a leak or tear.

I got my box of Nitrile gloves at a hamfest some years ago.

And Latex causes an allergic reaction in some people, which is
why the health care field has mostly gone to Nitrile.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564