Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off Topic, But Important... Firefox users read please

Thanks, Joe.
Just went through the procedure. Be aware, the master password is sensitive to letter case. If you used upper case letters to create the password, you must do the same to access the saved passwords.

I also took the time to clear out a bunch of stray passwords.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

KD7HB wrote:
Thanks, Joe.
Just went through the procedure. Be aware, the master password is sensitive to letter case. If you used upper case letters to create the password, you must do the same to access the saved passwords.

I also took the time to clear out a bunch of stray passwords.

Paul

Case sensitivity is standard for passwords. One of the QA testers where
I work complained about case sensitivity of the passwords on a new
project and he got thoroughly slapped down about it by all present and
we asked what system he'd been used to in the past, he couldn't answer that.

Where have you used case insensitive passwords?. Even Windows which is
typically case insensitive use case sensitive passwords.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

KD7HB wrote:

Thanks, Joe.
Just went through the procedure. Be aware, the master password is
sensitive to letter case. If you used upper case letters to create the
password, you must do the same to access the saved passwords.

I also took the time to clear out a bunch of stray passwords.

Well, of _course_ passwords are case-sensitive! I recently did an
experiment, and found that a password can contain blanks, asterisks,
question marks, and "special characters." (yes, it's true - you
_can_ use a two-word password with a spacebar in the middle!)

Hope This Helps!
Rich