Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Whatsa .............

small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently used?

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently used?

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Last month i purchased a victor porta torch complete
with gauges, cutting attachment, extra tips and caddy
in new condition for $55.00 at super pawn. I believe
they are designated as the 100 series by victor.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Mar 7, 12:19*am, "azotic" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently used?

SteveB

Steve, new they wholesale for about $220, which means *someone*,
somewhere, is selling them for that.

That is the Thermadyne number 0384-2500
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 6, 10:50*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently used?

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Just the torch handle and head or do you get extra tips? Cutting tips
were in the $22-30 range locally, last time I had to buy one. I
bought my whole medium sized Victor set with regulators at an auction
for $60 about 10 years back, came with one cutting tip, which is
either too large or too small. If it's just a bare nekkid torch with
one tip and nothing else, probably in the range of $60-100, depending
on how generous you're feeling. There's plenty of used equipment out
there if you go looking, chances are your local welding supplier has
some used repaired equipment looking for a home for the cost of the
repairs. Biggest problem with used is tip abuse, guys use the cutting
tip for knocking out the slugs or never clean the things. A lot of
used torches look like they were dunked in tar. If it's still shiny,
that's a plus.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Typically about 20 to 40% of the MSRP.

In about 1980 or so, I bought a plumbers torch at a garage
sale. Paid $15, which was a lot of money back then. The MC
tank and PreToLite tip worked well for me, for many years. I
finally got the 400 degree hotter turbo blaster tip. Have
used that several times for silver brazing when I do
refrigeration. Also does a nice job helping to loosen nuts
and bolts when dissembling equipment.

I've never had an oxygen torch of any form.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently
used?

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley in
:

I've never had an oxygen torch of any form.

Stormy, you can't even imagine how much a oxygen torch will improve your
work, and reduce the amount of over-heating you _must_ do to adjacent
components when using an air torch.

LLoyd