Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Whatsa .............

On Mar 6, 10:50*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
small Victor cutting torch sell for nearly new to gently used?

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Just the torch handle and head or do you get extra tips? Cutting tips
were in the $22-30 range locally, last time I had to buy one. I
bought my whole medium sized Victor set with regulators at an auction
for $60 about 10 years back, came with one cutting tip, which is
either too large or too small. If it's just a bare nekkid torch with
one tip and nothing else, probably in the range of $60-100, depending
on how generous you're feeling. There's plenty of used equipment out
there if you go looking, chances are your local welding supplier has
some used repaired equipment looking for a home for the cost of the
repairs. Biggest problem with used is tip abuse, guys use the cutting
tip for knocking out the slugs or never clean the things. A lot of
used torches look like they were dunked in tar. If it's still shiny,
that's a plus.

Stan