Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mary and Mayo

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 01:37:55 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 02:09:04 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Don, I wish Mary the best of luck.

There is a lesson here for the Country in terms of national
healthcare.

Yes. That lesson is that physicians are better than administrators,
bureaucrats or politicians at running a hospital or clinic that
provides best-quality care.

Quality health care doesn't just happen..and it costs money.

Don..how are you paying for this world class care?

We have good insurance. We, not the government, made that happen. It
does cost money. We wanted quality health care in our dotage so we
provided for it in our retirement financial plan. We pay for it with
our money, not yours, and not by creating debt for our descendants and
yours.

Some Minnesota insurers don't cover treatment at Mayo. I'm glad ours
does. I'm glad we were able to make that choice rather than have a
politician or bureaucrat presume to make our choices.

The local hospitals are OK for well-understood medical matters. Mayo
is one of a few medical centers in the United States studying the
diagnosis and treatment of amyloidosis, a relatively rare blood
disease. The Amyloidosis Foundation estimates that approximately 3,000
people are diagnosed with this disease each year in North America.
Mayo Clinic is a major treatment center for these patients, caring for
more than 1,000 amyloidosis patients annually. Effective management of
this disease requires a multidisciplinary team approach involving
cardiology, gastroenterology, hemotology, oncology, and others.

Care to tell us how much it is costing in dollars?

Why?

Because he 's a nosy S.O.B. and want's to politicize your situation
like he did when he posted lies about you to 5 newsgroups
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....n&dmode=source

I'm glad you were far-sighted enough to prepare for the needs like
you did on your own, and your needs are being met. Not everyone is
capable of providing for themselves. Best of luck to you and your
wife.

I'm also glad that TMT is once again exposed for the liar he is.
Please don't be fooled by his false compassion, he would not have made
that post if he honestly cared.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

P.S. Sorry about also saying best of luck, I just read your other
response. Let me rephrase that by saying that I'm praying that God
will help guide your doctor's hands in whatever way is needed to make
her better. I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not, but that's the
best I can do and it's from the heart.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:49:02 -0600, Boris Kapusta
wrote:

[...]

Hey, I'll take good luck, thanks! Prayers are also welcome. I'm not a
particularly religious person, but Mary is glad to have her set of
prayer warriors on her side. That's not a disrespectful term; she
calls 'em that herself and they do too.

My response to TMT was because he was clearly looking for a way to
exploit our situation as basis for yet another troll.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm glad you were far-sighted enough to prepare for the needs like
you did on your own, and your needs are being met. Not everyone is
capable of providing for themselves.

I know, and I think that society should help those who are truely
unable to provide for themselves. We have a generous welfare system in
place, have had for years. Indigents are eligible for free
cellphones, go figure. I don't need a freakin' cellphone, why do
they? I do have a cellphone for emergencies, a disposable dopedealer
phone that suffices for my needs. I'm a non-indigent elder. Maybe if
I were indigent I'd have a better cellphone at your expense,
thankyouverymuch.

It costs me about 10 bux a month. I carry it next to my .38 when I
walk outdoors during clement weather in case I fall and break or have
a cardiac event I survive enough to punch 911. I'm far more likely to
need the phone than the pistol, but neither of them weigh much and
they both comfort me. I'm quite good with a pistol, not so much with
a cellphone. I've considerably more experience with the pistol.

I don't think society should provide for those who are able to work
but "get a better deal" on the public tit. 9% unemployment is still
91% employment.

This certainly wasn't the first recession in American history. We've
weathered a few, as have a lot of quiet Americans. Engineers,
technicians and machinists were pumping gas and flipping burgers in
So. Cal in the early 70's. Some eventually found other opportunities
and never did return to their disciplines, but they didn't stay on the
public dole either.

Responsible citizens provide for lean times rather than consume and
borrow to the max and beyond. Irresponsible politicians buy votes and
favor with handouts to the greedy (both rich and poor) from the public
treasury.

Our health care insurance costs less than a two-pack-per-day smoker
spends on his addiction. I don't have much empathy for those who
choose to afford smokes in preference to health care insurance if they
can only afford one or the other. I'm not an anti-smoking zeolot, far
from it. I enjoyed smoking for 40 years until I quit on May 12, 2008.
A heart attack made it crystal-clear to me that I had to quit, but I
don't mind if others smoke in my presence.

Our healthcare insurance costs less than many of the folks at Wal-Mart
spend on their cellphone service, not to mention cable TV etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 16, 3:43*am, Don Foreman wrote:

*Indigents are eligible for free
cellphones, go figure. * *I don't need a freakin' cellphone, why do
they? *I do have a cellphone for emergencies, a disposable dopedealer
phone that suffices for my needs. *

It costs me about 10 bux a month.

I wish there was something I could do to help Mary. Have not said
anything until now because good wishes are not much comfort.

But on Cell phones..............Take a look at Page Plus. They use
the Verizon network and I think they are the least expensive if you do
not actually use the phone. $10 will get you 100 minutes good for 120
days. $80 at one of their dealers will get you 2000 minutes good for
a year.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 06:30:23 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 16, 3:43*am, Don Foreman wrote:

*Indigents are eligible for free
cellphones, go figure. * *I don't need a freakin' cellphone, why do
they? *I do have a cellphone for emergencies, a disposable dopedealer
phone that suffices for my needs. *

It costs me about 10 bux a month.

I wish there was something I could do to help Mary. Have not said
anything until now because good wishes are not much comfort.

But on Cell phones..............Take a look at Page Plus. They use
the Verizon network and I think they are the least expensive if you do
not actually use the phone. $10 will get you 100 minutes good for 120
days. $80 at one of their dealers will get you 2000 minutes good for
a year.

Dan

That sounds pretty good, if they have coverage near my cabin. The map
indicates that they do.

Mary and Mayo Stormin Mormon Metalworking 1 February 17th 11 07:10 AM
Mary and Mayo Stormin Mormon Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 01:17 PM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 08:13 AM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 06:46 AM