Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mary and Mayo

When people don't know what the cost is, they (the people
and the hospital both) feel at liberty to do every this or
that test and procedure. Part of the reason medical costs
are out of sight. Because they are out of sight. If people
knew this test costs $500 and that test costs a grand, they
might not have a zillion tests done. Of course, there is
also over regulation, and defensive medicine where the
doctors call for all kinds of tests in case they are sued.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message

Maybe for the sake of comparison? Once, a few decades ago, I
had a
serious kitchen mishap due to my own negligence, and I went
to the
local ER. (I had cut my hand so bad that I'd severed a nerve
trunk
to my little finger.) At the time, my employer provided
insurance
as part of the employment contract - I presented my
insurance card
at the reception desk, they did some paperwork, and within
ten minutes
or so some hand surgeon came out and sewed me up.

I have no idea what the bill was. I think it'd be extremely
instructive
to know exactly what they're charging - what _should_ have
happened,
in my not-so-humble opinion, would have been for the
hospital to send
me the bill, and make it my responsibility to go to the
insurance
company to try to get reimbursed per the insurance contract.

That's how they do it with car insurance, or fire insurance,
or "life"
insurance, right?

Thanks,
Rich

Mary and Mayo Stormin Mormon Metalworking 1 February 17th 11 07:10 AM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 08:13 AM
Mary and Mayo Don Foreman Metalworking 0 February 15th 11 06:46 AM
Mary, Mary, quite contrary ... raden UK diy 0 June 19th 06 12:32 AM