Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rethugs to boost unemployment & tank economy yet again

On 2/11/2011 7:09 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 2/11/2011 3:11 AM, Cliff wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:56:47 -1000, "Jerry

wrote:

What is the answer? Who creates jobs, the government or the private
sector?

Both do.
But you need demand for products& services& for that the customers
need money they are willing& able to spend (private sector).
The likes of Faux& the rethugs have mounted a massive scare campaign
to try to prevent a good (if any) recovery (after they created the
problems
in the first place, just like the Great Depression& Ronnie Rayguns' S&L
disasters).

There was another example of proof that Fox is the propaganda arm of the
republican party yesterday. Republican pollster and focus group expert
Frank Luntz was on TV asking questions to a conservative focus group of
Iowans. When the people in the group answered questions about Obama
being a Muslim or not being an American you should have heard the
answers. It was as if you were watching Fox. Everything the members of
the group said was word for word what they heard on Fox.

After the group members spoke their minds they showed clips from Fox
showing the hosts making comments. The comments from the right wing
hosts was almost exactly what the conservative focus group said in their
answers to Luntz. Which just goes to show you how well propaganda works.
Fox puts out its line and the right wingers repeat it back as if it came
from God himself. It's definitely time to stop considering Fox a real
news source. It's not. Frank Luntz' focus group showed Fox for what it
is. A right wing propaganda machine.

Hawke

How is that different from people like you who regurgitate what the
other networks and media want you to believe?

I don't watch Fox, I watch poor Katie on CBS, no more believable than
any other newsclowns, but somewhat easier on the eye. Too bad what she's
given to read has so little credibility.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That may be true but her main function is not to see one party win
elections and the other one lose them. That is what Fox is about.
Getting republicans elected and getting the right wing agenda
implemented when republicans are in the majority.

Katie's main goal is to broadcast newsworthy information to the public.
Her main goal isn't a political one. Fox's main goal is to promote the
republican party. They and others can say otherwise but the facts speak
for themselves. Fox makes no attempt to be fair or balanced at all. They
do just the opposite. They are unfair and unbalanced. You may not watch
it but I have, plenty, and it's all about one thing. It's totally
political. The news is just an appetizer to get you to tune in. Once you
do you get a full barrage of right wing politics crammed down your
throat. Lots of people want that and I have no problem with us having
networks that are political in nature. My complaint is they lie about
it. If they simply called themselves the "Republican" network I wouldn't
have anything negative to say about it except that I disagree with their
political views. But they pretend to be unbiased. That's what I object to.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/12/2011 12:19 AM, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Once again, you fail to show any way in which Fox is significantly
different from the other networks, but only that it doesn't present the
same lies and inaccuracies that you wish to believe.

I would prefer a source that isn't biased either to the left or right,
maybe the Onion network will work. I find the Onion as believable as
much of what I read in more traditional print media.

David