Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A polite Society, coming to a State near you

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:36:32 -0500, Strabo
wrote:

On 1/26/2011 9:18 PM, Boris Kapusta wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:09:38 -0500,
wrote:

On 1/25/2011 11:04 PM, Boris Kapusta wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:47:30 -0600, Boris Kapusta
wrote:
snipped

Looks like gun laws have no effect on lowering crime, only raising it!

The cause of this apparent dilemma lies in your use of bogus figures.

Please point out the fifure(s) you believe are bogus and provide your
evidence of such.

You are comparing data based on state boundaries!

You should compare what counts - areas where concentrations of
certain types of people are more likely to commit crimes than others.

The rates of 'street' crime are highest in metropolitan areas
among Blacks and Hispanics regardless of the state.

In states where there are carry laws, metro 'street' crime is
about the same as in those states without carry laws.

But, comparing carry with non-carry states *excluding* metro
data, crime rates are dramatically different.

I think you're right that percentage of metro area is very important.
Crime does seem to gravitate to or perhaps spawn in metro areas.