Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Free Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 Graphing Calculator

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Martin wrote:
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

I downloaded it and played with it for a while.
It's interesting, but not MathCad...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Martin wrote:
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Martin presented the following explanation :
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

And Yes Microsoft is activly working for an early release just fot you
lol lol lol

--
John G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/19/2011 09:33 PM, John G wrote:
Bill Martin presented the following explanation :
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

And Yes Microsoft is activly working for an early release just fot you
lol lol lol

Oh, very cool! Holding breath now...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:49 -0800
Winston wrote:

snip
It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

Gcalctool is okay for most stuff, but I like this one better:

http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/features.html

and Genius can do a lot more, but doesn't really look like a
calculator:

http://www.jirka.org/genius.html

Both of them can be had from the Ubuntu repository.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:49 -0800
wrote:

snip
It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

Gcalctool is okay for most stuff, but I like this one better:

http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/features.html

Color expressions and expression history?
That is exciting, but it won't install from
the repository. Grrr.

and Genius can do a lot more, but doesn't really look like a
calculator:

http://www.jirka.org/genius.html

That's a *little* more than I need.

Both of them can be had from the Ubuntu repository.

Thanks, Leon!

--Winston