DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT- Free Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 Graphing Calculator (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/317450-ot-free-microsoft-mathematics-4-0-graphing-calculator.html)

Jim Stewart January 19th 11 09:25 PM

OT- Free Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 Graphing Calculator

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

Bill Martin[_3_] January 20th 11 03:12 AM

On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

cavelamb January 20th 11 03:31 AM

Bill Martin wrote:
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

I downloaded it and played with it for a while.
It's interesting, but not MathCad...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Winston January 20th 11 03:35 AM

Bill Martin wrote:
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

John G January 20th 11 05:33 AM

OT- Free Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 Graphing Calculator

Bill Martin presented the following explanation :
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

And Yes Microsoft is activly working for an early release just fot you
lol lol lol

--
John G

Bill Martin[_3_] January 20th 11 06:13 PM

On 01/19/2011 09:33 PM, John G wrote:
Bill Martin presented the following explanation :
On 01/19/2011 01:25 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...f-9e242b794c3a

When they have a Linux version, I might be interested.. :-)

And Yes Microsoft is activly working for an early release just fot you
lol lol lol

Oh, very cool! Holding breath now...

Leon Fisk January 21st 11 06:52 PM

OT- Free Microsoft Mathematics 4.0 Graphing Calculator

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:49 -0800
Winston wrote:

snip
It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

Gcalctool is okay for most stuff, but I like this one better:

http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/features.html

and Genius can do a lot more, but doesn't really look like a
calculator:

http://www.jirka.org/genius.html

Both of them can be had from the Ubuntu repository.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Winston January 21st 11 09:04 PM

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:49 -0800
wrote:

snip
It doesn't graph but I *really* like gcalctool
under Linux. http://live.gnome.org/Gcalctool

The screenshot on this website is not accurate.
Gcalctool has many more features than is implied.

--Winston

Gcalctool is okay for most stuff, but I like this one better:

http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/features.html

Color expressions and expression history?
That is exciting, but it won't install from
the repository. Grrr. :)

and Genius can do a lot more, but doesn't really look like a
calculator:

http://www.jirka.org/genius.html

That's a *little* more than I need.

Both of them can be had from the Ubuntu repository.

Thanks, Leon!

--Winston