Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazon Heads Up

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 10:36:20 -0800, "CW"
wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
web.com...
On 1/9/2011 1:45 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

"CW" wrote in message
m...

Until I quit, I was rolling my own.

Good for you on quitting, if you've ever seen a smoker die of lung
cancer you'll know good an idea it was to kick the habit.

If you've ever seen two non-smokers die of colon and pancreatic cancer
you'll know that it doesn't make a rat's ass whether you smoke or
not-- something's going to kill you and if you're lucky it will be
motorcycle crash.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Works for me , and nearly did twice . Since I'm not ready to leave yet
, I ride more carefully now . But hey , might as well check out doing
something ya love !
BTW , I'll be tobacco-free 6 years in March . I

Congrats! 5 years for me May 1st.

Lucky 13 years for me January 27th - and my hearty congrats to all who can
do it.

'Quiting is easyer than it ever has been. My wife took Chantix and had no
more desire to smoke by day two. In my case, I am on a medication for
something else but one of its side effects is that I get sick as a dog if I
smoke. For anybody who wants to quit, do yourself a favor and see a doctor.
The off the shelf quit smoking stuff has a very high failure rate.

All that off-the-shelf crap is feeding you nicotine, continuing your
addiction. Cut down first, then go cold turkey. There is absolutely
no need whatsoever to put extra chemicals into your body. I cut down
from a bit over two packs a day down to less than half a pack, then I
got the flu and didn't feel like smoking. 3 days later, I came to my
senses when I again felt the wish to smoke. I didn't succomb, instead
flushed my last cigs down the toilet. That action has never been
regretted and I've never smoked again. To replace the oral addiction,
I chewed sugarless bubblegum for awhile. For the digital addiction, I
twiddled with straws, pens, and pencils. To replace the deep lungfuls
of smoky air, I walked outside and took deep breaths of fresh, clean
air. Getting over the psychological effects was easy: Just replace
those bad habits with similar but MUCH healthier ones.

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope