Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Learned how to tap on a lathe today

It is kind of really amazing, how well I can tap on a manual lathe
when I need a concentrically tapped hole. The accuracy and ease of
that cannot possibly be even approached while tapping manually.

To hold the tap, I used Morse tapered tap collets that I horse traded
a while ago. They are made to hold taps with square shanks. See
mcmaster item 2731A49 for example.

It was also nice to slow down the lathe greatly, by changing the
frequency of the VFD.

What I learned today Molly Brown Home Repair 7 August 24th 10 01:14 PM
Something I learned today, L series chuck Wes[_2_] Metalworking 5 February 7th 10 12:42 AM
Learned something new today Vic Baron Woodworking 3 November 4th 09 07:41 PM
Today I learned ... Keith UK diy 9 January 14th 07 11:30 PM
Learned the Power of my Tablesaw today! James Cubby Culbertson Woodworking 9 December 7th 03 04:18 AM