Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What I learned today

Strange !!!

The whole reason it is called a die grinder is that it is used to
grind and shape tool steel in the hands of a tool and die maker as
he makes a die for punch press work.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not
buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

Using a carbide burr in a die grinder you can work
with very hard materials

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

No matter what the outcome, I consider a day that I learn SOMETHING to be a
good day. And some days I learn NOT to do something.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 23, 8:08*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

Not my experience ...... btw how soft are "VERY soft materials"

do you mean aluminum soft, mild steel soft or ????

or softer than ????

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Molly Brown wrote:
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

Or maybe, don't buy the cheapest one around? What ARE you talking about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:23:11 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote Re What I learned today:

On Aug 23, 8:08*pm, Molly Brown wrote:
Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

Not my experience ...... btw how soft are "VERY soft materials"

do you mean aluminum soft, mild steel soft or ????

or softer than ????

cheers
Bob

Brinell Hardness Index 500??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 23, 6:53*am, "DanG" wrote:
Strange !!!

The whole reason it is called a die grinder is that it is used to
grind and shape tool steel in the hands of a tool and die maker as
he makes a die for punch press work.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG
Keep the whole world singing . . .

"Molly Brown" wrote in message

Unless you’re going to be working with VERY soft materials do not
buy
a pneumatic die grinder.

I use them on cast iron with no problems.

Something I learned today, L series chuck Wes[_2_] Metalworking 5 February 7th 10 12:42 AM
Learned something new today Vic Baron Woodworking 3 November 4th 09 07:41 PM
Today I learned ... Keith UK diy 9 January 14th 07 11:30 PM
Fire-rated downlights - something I learned today... [email protected] UK diy 6 January 13th 07 01:47 PM
Learned the Power of my Tablesaw today! James Cubby Culbertson Woodworking 9 December 7th 03 04:18 AM