Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nomex coveralls and welding (warning: on-topic metalworking content)

I bought an inexpensive set of Nomex coveralls from eBay. They ran
about $40 and are about as thick as light denim. I have been wearing
these cuvs while using the 'new' welder. But have read several posts
about folks wearing heavy denim or leather for welding.

What are your thoughts on such cuvs? I've not seen any sunburn
("weldburn") anywhere on me. The only downside I can see is that
they're a bit tight to get into. Gotta hold my arms waaaay back like
THIS to get into them. :-) I should have ordered a size larger.
--
Best -- Terry