Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fat Chance But... 56C Face WEG Motor Anyone?

Anyone out there have a scrap WEG 56C face motor? For that matter, any WEG
motor from 1/3 to 2 or 3 HP might work if it's for scrap...

I need some small spare parts and WEG / my distributor wants about the same
amount as it costs me for a whole new lower HP motor...

The temptation to buy a motor and claim it was damaged in shipment is large,
but I just can't do it... It sucks to have integrity in a world where lack
thereof is rewarded at times.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-11-08, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Anyone out there have a scrap WEG 56C face motor? For that matter, any WEG
motor from 1/3 to 2 or 3 HP might work if it's for scrap...

I need some small spare parts and WEG / my distributor wants about the same
amount as it costs me for a whole new lower HP motor...

The temptation to buy a motor and claim it was damaged in shipment is large,
but I just can't do it... It sucks to have integrity in a world where lack
thereof is rewarded at times.

I feel the opposite that in this country it is very easy to be
relatively honest and to make a respectable living.

It is not so in many other placed in the world.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The temptation to buy a motor and claim it was damaged in shipment is
large,
but I just can't do it... It sucks to have integrity in a world where
lack
thereof is rewarded at times.

I feel the opposite that in this country it is very easy to be
relatively honest and to make a respectable living.

It is not so in many other placed in the world.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I think that after practicing the "right things" long enough you realize
there is a whole lot of truth to the words, "What goes around, comes
around"... Or what some call Karma.

Doing what is right almost never leads to bad things. Doing what is wrong
is often rewarded with temporary gain, but almost always leads to a general
loss later on.

....But this really has nothing to do with metalworking other than maybe a
discussion of business practices.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com
VIDEOS:http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER:http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK:http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Recently got a WAG 2 HP motor from these guys. Best price in town.
They have a motor rebuild shop so they might have the part you need
sitting around. I replaced the motor on my lathe but it wasn't a WAG
so I can't help you.

http://www.deltaelectricmotors.com/ Auburn WA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:46:41 -0500, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Anyone out there have a scrap WEG 56C face motor? For that matter, any WEG
motor from 1/3 to 2 or 3 HP might work if it's for scrap...

I _do_ have such a WEG motor, but my lathe wouldn't be much good without it
:-(

Regards
Mark Rand
RTFM