Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Refrigerator not working again!

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:10:51 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Oct 14, 2:55*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:55:44 -0400, Robert Green wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

I used to smoke, but haven't in at least ten years now. *Now, my wife or
I can smell it a mile away, and if we come in contact with someone
smoking, can smell it on our clothes when we get home. *I can tell when
I'm within ten foot of a smoker, even if they aren't smoking.

We were in New Orleans a while back and though we asked for a non-smoking
room, we were assigned to one that smelled as if someone had been
deliberately smoked to death inside it. *The drapes, the bed covers, the
rugs all STANK of smoke to the extent that I had to wonder when they last
cleaned anything.

If you want to make yourself sick, buy small portable UV lamp and examine
the floors and the bedcovers. *Yuk. *Now, it's even worse. *I've known two
people that have brought home bedbugs after staying at what most would
consider top-end hotel chains. *If the guest before you had them, you'll
get them, too.

I got a $10 discount for complaining when something bit the hell out of me
in a motel in Kansas City.

Sometimes, when I buy something from Ebay, it's saturated with cigarette
smells (or worse). *The last item I bought smelled of cherry pipe tobacco,
two smells that definitely DON'T belong together.

So, do all antismokerists who join the church automatically come down
with hypersensitivity disorder?

Thanks,
Rich

Nope. I smoked 3 packs of unfiltered Camels a day for nearly 15 years.
I quit in 1984. Haven't touched one since. Often while working,I still
find myself reaching into my pocket looking for cigarettes. I still
like the smell, amd I don't avoid it at all.

Ditto, sorta. I was never that heavy a smoker but I smoked for
considerably longer. Smokes were 19 cents a pack, $1.90 a carton in
the Army commissaries and PX's back in the day, and they were
distributed in field rations. About everyone smoked in the bad old
days. I quit and resumed several times, didn't finally quit until
2008. There has never been any cancer in my family so I figured I was
good to go with genetics ... but I didn't realize that heart disease
was also a risk factor. I understood that heart was about cholesterol,
lung cancer was about asbestos and smoking, my cholesterol was OK,
etc. Bonk!

I dreamt about smoking last night.

I've always been somewhat fatalistic since military service. I've been
living on borrowed time for decades, narrowly dodged the grim reaper's
scythe a couple of times, and I'm enjoying the ride.

There is zero chance that I will resume smoking unless Mary dies
before me. If that happens, then I won't give a **** and may engage
upon all manner of dangerous and possibly illegal adventures with
questionable chance of long-term survival but high probability of
short-term satisfaction.

So pray for Mary and don't **** me off. G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

[...]

PAGING DIOGENES!

PAGING DIOGENES!

REPORT TO BASE AND CHECK IN FIELD ISSUED LANTERN!

I have a secret bucket list in case mine should take a cab before me, too.

Steve ;-)