Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flotec pumps where to buy?

Hi All,

I urgently need an FP3242 (1-1/12 HP) deep well (300ft) submersible
pump.
Anyone have a favorite place to buy from?

I believe Flotech and Sta-Rite are one and the same????

Thanks

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
"Dave, I can't do that" wrote:

Hi All,

I urgently need an FP3242 (1-1/12 HP) deep well (300ft) submersible
pump.
Anyone have a favorite place to buy from?

I believe Flotech and Sta-Rite are one and the same????

So your pressure switch didn't do the trick, eh? Take failing pressure
for what it is - a warning that you need to think about his (pump
replacement) and not have to be in quite such a hurry.

As far as I recall either brand is not exactly what you want to put down
a well you find difficult to pull yourself. Or any other you aren't in
the process of moving away from before it fails. What's your static
level and required flow? Due to a mis-statement of my well's flow rate,
I can tell you that an 8GPM 3/4 hp Myers will pump all the way up from
300 feet at 5gpm and 40 psi - then it runs out of water (here). That's
techically off the curve for it, though.

However, if your pump sits at 300 feet and is in water, you are not
pumping from 300 feet unless/until you pump dry (as I've done, becasue
my well flows more like 1/2 gmpm and I sized my pump for 5 gpm claimed.)
So you might be on-curve to use a 3/4 and save a few bucks on both pump
and power, if your static level is up around 250 or more.

FYI, the 1hp Myers ($491) will give you the same GPM (7 for 30/50) from
300 feet that your 1-1/2 hp Flotec does (and it will be on-curve down
to 350 feet, which your flotec won't) - so consider changing brands to
save a bundle on your power bill (and just possibly enjoy longer life
from a better pump, IMHO.)

http://www.aquascience.net/

Just a happy customer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 16, 12:16*pm, Ecnerwal
wrote:

So your pressure switch didn't do the trick, eh? Take failing pressure

Hi,

Thanks for the information, some of which I can't follow but will read
the posting a few more times. The Furnas pressure switch is working
fine, but the pump pressure is still dropping about 1-psi every thee
days.

I isolated the pressurizing accumulator so that the pump is delivering
straight to an outlet. Interestingly enough, I still have 6gpm open
flow. When I turn the outlet off, it takes about 10 minutes (without
the accumulator) for the pressure to build to cut out at 32-psi.

My static water level is at 231-ft. The well is 315-ft and
perforations 260-ft to 315-ft. Measured free flow discharge at
installation with the pump at 235-ft was 20-gpm according to the well
test report dated Nov. '99.

I have just found the original Flint and Walling installation
instructions for the pump at 300-ft and it shows 7.3-gpm at 20-psi
discharge and does not give a figure for 40-psi discharge. The 40-psi
discharge figure is for 250-ft and nothing beyond that. The F&W pump
has been quoted at $1026.

Looking at the Myer pumps they do seem to be a lot less expensive and
with a better warranty but I am unsure on how to compare what I had
here when it was all working correctly. Also found the instructions
for the Well-Mate 87 gallon accumulator so not sure where the 200-
gallon comes in that was stated to me.

I will call Myers Monday. I used the term "Urgently" as I need to get
one here quickly so that the well-guy who thinks it is just a split
pipe can replace the pump if it has to be pulled all the way to the
top. If it is as he suspects a split near the top, I will keep the old
pump down there until it dies. It seems like the split may be at the
top as the water flows immediately (accumulator isolated) so it may
not be far down from the top check-valve and cheap to repair for the
short term.

Thanks for the help. For the time being I still have water.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave, I can't do that wrote:

Thanks for the information, some of which I can't follow but will read
the posting a few more times. The Furnas pressure switch is working
fine, but the pump pressure is still dropping about 1-psi every thee
days.

I'm not a well expert, but is it possible a bunch of sand has gotten
loose and is
destroying your pump? If so, it will trash the new pump you put in.

Jon

Got Pumps ? Snag[_3_] Metalworking 7 May 4th 10 12:06 AM
sta-rite vs flotec dnoyeB Home Repair 4 July 1st 08 04:06 PM
Pumps Jonathan UK diy 10 November 1st 07 12:12 AM
Submersible pumps. dcbwhaley UK diy 4 July 17th 06 01:55 PM
pumps Allan Adler Metalworking 2 December 24th 03 05:54 PM