Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default USB Video capture divice needed

Sorta like: http://tinyurl.com/33wkw9e

Gotta be USB, as no expresscard slot on my netbook.

Any recomendations or suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

gary
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/7/2010 2:13 PM, wrote:
Sorta like:
http://tinyurl.com/33wkw9e

Gotta be USB, as no expresscard slot on my netbook.

Any recomendations or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dang, that's cool.
Now I gotta have one.
You just cost me 50 bucks

--
I can see November from my front porch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Then ther's this:
http://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Model-...78991&sr =1-7

appears identical, price notwithstanding

Sorta like: http://tinyurl.com/33wkw9e

Gotta be USB, as no expresscard slot on my netbook.

Any recomendations or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dang, that's cool.
Now I gotta have one.
You just cost me 50 bucks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Does anyone know of a riflescope (or at least recoil shock proof)
camera with some kind of a PC interface, USB, Ethernet, Wifi etc?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus30461 wrote:

Does anyone know of a riflescope (or at least recoil shock proof)
camera with some kind of a PC interface, USB, Ethernet, Wifi etc?

There is a "sport cam" or something like that available for ~$100 that
is shockproof and can be mounted on a motorcycle helmet, beside the
scope on a rifle, etc. It's a SD DVR, so no direct / live PC interface
though. Try looking on the Cabelas or BassProShops web site.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 7, 1:13*pm, wrote:
Sorta like: *http://tinyurl.com/33wkw9e

Gotta be USB, as no expresscard slot on my netbook.

Any recomendations or suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

gary

Do you need OTA tuning or just raw video/audio conversion? Makes a
difference! I've had several different tuner gadgets, most depend on
raw CPU horsepower to avoid frame drops and freezing. Netbooks don't
have the horsepower. There are a raft of different USB video capture
devices, if you're thinking of VHS or camcorder to MPEG or AVI, look
for one with hardware conversion. Hauppauge has had some of these.
The capture software makes a BIG difference, you can have the best
hardware in the world and still turn out crap if the software isn't up
to snuff. ADS is another vendor. Check equipment reviews very
carefully, you can end up with an unsuitable piece of crap if you
don't. A lot of negative reviews on this stuff are from people that
either don't know what they have, are trying to use it in ways that it
wasn't intended or just have unreasonable expectations based on
marketing. And many, unfortunately, are correct.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is that smoke and mirror ?

usb with 4 input/outputs ?

Hum.

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/