Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Suggestion on a insert

Does anyone have any suggestion on an indexable insert, preferably a
CNMG that would work well on manually turning stainless steel?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/6/2010 2:17 PM, tnik wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestion on an indexable insert, preferably a
CNMG that would work well on manually turning stainless steel?

I should have added that we cannot flood the tool, so adding oil to the
cut is about all we can do.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/6/2010 14:17, tnik wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestion on an indexable insert, preferably a
CNMG that would work well on manually turning stainless steel?

Sandvik CNMG432 MM chipbreaker grade 2035. Good tough insert. MF
chipbreaker for low power cutting.

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

tnik wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:17:45 -0400:

Does anyone have any suggestion on an indexable insert, preferably a
CNMG that would work well on manually turning stainless steel?

Vardex makes an insert that I use all the time for stainless at work.
I can't remember the numbers, but I think it was called 'versa turn'.

http://www.vardexusa.com/vardex-turning-milling.aspx

it was made for stuff like 316SS.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

Need suggestion for turning insert, please. [email protected] Metalworking 5 September 23rd 09 10:28 AM
Replace a gas insert with a wood-burning insert [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 9th 06 05:16 PM
I have a suggestion raden UK diy 22 July 13th 05 10:59 PM
uk-d-i-y Suggestion Pinot Grigio UK diy 45 January 7th 05 08:49 AM
Suggestion for PEX Tubing Peter Langevin Home Repair 1 December 17th 04 05:52 AM