raden

Default I have a suggestion

It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

.... please

--
geoff
Grunff

raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do
other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

--
Grunff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

OK.

I'll do some reading and eating. My absence alone will mean fewer posts -
from those who can't bear not to have a pop at Mary :-)

Mary

Brian G

Grunff wrote:
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do
other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

Hey Grunff,

Don't let those 'minor' injuries stop you doing any DIY!

I broke my leg just above the ankle back in '82 that required the Tib and
Fib to be plated and screwed (up through the ankle bone) and what did my
sister-in-law do when I got out of hospital? She got me tiling her hall
floor with those PVC tiles - she thought I looked a little bored - and both
her and sister (my wife) found it highly amusing to see me crawling about
the floor with my leg in plaster laying the adhesive and sticking the tiles
down :-)

When the surgeon saw the adhesive on my plaster a few weeks later he gave me
one hell of a rollicking as I was supposed to have been 'taking it easy' -
not much chance of that at the time though - ahhhh.. the things we do when
we are young!

I must have done something right tho' those ruddy tiles are still there to
this day!

Brian G

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message

It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

Maxie, that is very kind of you.

Mary Fisher

"Brian G" wrote in message

When the surgeon saw the adhesive on my plaster a few weeks later he gave
me
one hell of a rollicking as I was supposed to have been 'taking it easy' -
not much chance of that at the time though - ahhhh.. the things we do when
we are young!

Not just young. When Spouse had a hip replacement two yearsago - might have
been three - he was well over sixty anyway and he was up a ladder installing
double glazing in the bedrom a fortnight after coming out of hospital.

Mary

raden

In message , Grunff
writes
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow
take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do
other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

Bugger

we can convalesce together

how sweet

--
geoff
raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

OK.

I'll do some reading and eating. My absence alone will mean fewer posts -
from those who can't bear not to have a pop at Mary :-)

If only dIMM had said that

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

OK.

I'll do some reading and eating. My absence alone will mean fewer posts -
from those who can't bear not to have a pop at Mary :-)

If only dIMM had said that

Does he have the wit?

Mary

--
geoff

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
If only dIMM had said that

Does he have the wit?

Part of it. About a half.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

OK.

I'll do some reading and eating. My absence alone will mean fewer posts -
from those who can't bear not to have a pop at Mary :-)

If only dIMM had said that

Does he have the wit?

Come to think of it ..

no

--
geoff
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Grunff
writes
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow
take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do
other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

Bugger

we can convalesce together

how sweet

Maxie! Are you in your polka dot frock?

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

OK.

I'll do some reading and eating. My absence alone will mean fewer posts -
from those who can't bear not to have a pop at Mary :-)

If only dIMM had said that

Maxie, does Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, have pops at Mary? And here
I was thinking you had her under control.

Grunff

Brian G wrote:

Don't let those 'minor' injuries stop you doing any DIY!

Fortunately, after 4 years' work, I can honestly say that the house is
completely finished. There's no required DIY to be found. Of course
there are various projects in the workshop, but those can wait.

I broke my leg just above the ankle back in '82 that required the Tib and
Fib to be plated and screwed (up through the ankle bone) and what did my
sister-in-law do when I got out of hospital? She got me tiling her hall
floor with those PVC tiles - she thought I looked a little bored - and both
her and sister (my wife) found it highly amusing to see me crawling about
the floor with my leg in plaster laying the adhesive and sticking the tiles
down :-)

Impressive. I'm not sure I'd have been so accommodating.

--
Grunff
OldBill

raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

I did, and called in at that nice pub by the river near Oxford.

raden

In message , OldBill
writes
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow
take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y
... please

I did, and called in at that nice pub by the river near Oxford.

No alcohol for 48 hours ... bugger

--
geoff
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , OldBill
writes
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow
take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y
... please

I did, and called in at that nice pub by the river near Oxford.

No alcohol for 48 hours ... bugger

Maxie, nice to see you have woken up out of your drunken hangover.

John Rumm

Grunff wrote:

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do

Dare we ask how?

other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

Tell SWMBO you need massage... and lots of it ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

raden

In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

A bit impossible since I was in hospital - ****wit

--
geoff

Grunff

John Rumm wrote:

Well, I have a broken leg and ankle at the moment, so not much to do

Dare we ask how?

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid - just slipped on some gravel and fell
in an odd way.

At least I did it /after/ finishing all work on the house :-)

other than work, read, play games, watch dvds and surf. I'll be here.

Tell SWMBO you need massage... and lots of it ;-)

I'll add that to my list of 'ways to try her patience'.

--
Grunff
Stephen Gower

OldBill wrote:

I did, and called in at that nice pub by the river near Oxford.

I know lots of pubs by the river in and near Oxford, but which one
is the nice one?
--
Selah
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message ws.net,
Doctor Evil writes

"OldBill" wrote in message
raden wrote:
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow

take a day off from DIY and posting to uk.d-i-y

... please

I did, and called in at that nice pub by the river near Oxford.

Did you meet Maxie?

A bit impossible since I was in hospital - ****wit

Maxie!!! Refrain my dear boy. You could have sneaked out of the clinic and
spoilt the therapy.