Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 16000MAH Solar Battery Charger Panel for Laptop

The nice thing about this 19v laptop solar charger is that if you
don't have sun, you can still have portable power by charging up the
16,000mAh internal battery in a wall socket and waltzing off to
wherever it is you need backup power. It just takes less than 3 hours
of wall charging to fill it up and the internal battery provides 3 - 5
hours of run time for your laptop with a full charge.
solar charger for laptop
http://www.espow.com/wholesale-elect...or-laptop.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 00:21:35 -0700 (PDT), kongca
wrote:

The nice thing about this 19v laptop solar charger is that if you
don't have sun, you can still have portable power by charging up the
16,000mAh internal battery in a wall socket and waltzing off to
wherever it is you need backup power. It just takes less than 3 hours
of wall charging to fill it up and the internal battery provides 3 - 5
hours of run time for your laptop with a full charge.
solar charger for laptop
http://www.BULL****.com/wholesale-el...or-laptop.html

19v 16Ah from a 7" diagonal screen my ass, posers!

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

19v 16Ah from a 7" diagonal screen my ass, posers!

That's the capacity of the battery. I don't know if that's realistic.

They NEVER say what the output current/power of the panel is. It's
output will determine how fast the battery is charged.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:21:24 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

19v 16Ah from a 7" diagonal screen my ass, posers!

That's the capacity of the battery. I don't know if that's realistic.

They NEVER say what the output current/power of the panel is. It's
output will determine how fast the battery is charged.

They can't stuff a 16Ah battery in a slightly larger/thicker than a
large man's hand box. That tiny thing might put out half an amp, max.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.
-- Plutarch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 4, 6:21*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
19v 16Ah from a 7" diagonal screen my ass, posers!

That's the capacity of the battery. *I don't know if that's realistic.

They NEVER say what the output current/power of the panel is. *It's
output will determine how fast the battery is charged.

Bob

The last time I checked this Dell D610 laptop ran for 2-1/3 hours on
its used "4400" mA-H internal battery. Running off a car battery and
inverter, in AC power mode where more is active, it pulls 4 Amps
booting and then 2 to 2.5A running, measured at the inverter's 12VDC
input. I got 6h:45m from a new 12V 18AH LA battery on its first
discharge cycle. .

Their pack is 3.7V 16000mA-H or ~60W-H. It may be 6 of these in
parallel:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/2600pcb-18650.html

A 20W laptop should run for 3 hours, a 12W one for 5. I have an older
Compaq Armada that takes 14W, so this battery should run it 4+ hours.
The Dell draws 18 - 20W at idle in low-power battery mode, up to 36W
on AC.

In brief, the battery specs make sense. 3 hours to charge on AC is
reasonable, but they don't say how many days (weeks?) the solar cell
needs.

jsw