Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harrison Supply Co

Does anyone know if Harrison Supply Company in Wheeling, Il,
still exists? I haven't been there for years. The sold old
motors and metal by the pound (metal, not the motors :-)

I found this on the web and not a whole lot mo
Jordan Industrial Supply Company (formerly Harrison Supply Company)
345 N. Wolf Road Wheeling. 60090 1-847-520-5500

Anyone been there recently and do they still carry motors & metal?

Wayne D.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When you dialed that phone number, what happened?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wayne" wrote in message
Does anyone know if Harrison Supply Company in Wheeling, Il,
still exists? I haven't been there for years. The sold old
motors and metal by the pound (metal, not the motors :-)

I found this on the web and not a whole lot mo
Jordan Industrial Supply Company (formerly Harrison Supply Company)
345 N. Wolf Road Wheeling. 60090 1-847-520-5500

Anyone been there recently and do they still carry motors & metal?

Wayne D.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.

"Wayne" wrote in message

Does anyone know if Harrison Supply Company in Wheeling, Il,
still exists? I haven't been there for years. The sold old
motors and metal by the pound (metal, not the motors :-)

I found this on the web and not a whole lot mo
Jordan Industrial Supply Company (formerly Harrison Supply Company)
345 N. Wolf Road Wheeling. 60090 1-847-520-5500

Anyone been there recently and do they still carry motors & metal?

Wayne D.

Jordan Supply Company is very much in busines. However, the don't
sell much in the way of motors... But sell a lot of metal cut-offs.
Lots of Aluminum plate.

I work only about 5 minutes from their shop...it's a great way to
spend a lunch hour.
_kevin

_kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wayne" wrote in message
Does anyone know if Harrison Supply Company in Wheeling, Il,
still exists? I haven't been there for years. The sold old
motors and metal by the pound (metal, not the motors :-)

I found this on the web and not a whole lot mo
Jordan Industrial Supply Company (formerly Harrison Supply Company)
345 N. Wolf Road Wheeling. 60090 1-847-520-5500

Anyone been there recently and do they still carry motors & metal?

Wayne D.

Ummm... Didn't dial the number.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

karchiba brought next idea :

"Wayne" wrote in message

Does anyone know if Harrison Supply Company in Wheeling, Il,
still exists? I haven't been there for years. The sold old
motors and metal by the pound (metal, not the motors :-)

I found this on the web and not a whole lot mo
Jordan Industrial Supply Company (formerly Harrison Supply Company)
345 N. Wolf Road Wheeling. 60090 1-847-520-5500

Anyone been there recently and do they still carry motors & metal?

Wayne D.

Jordan Supply Company is very much in busines. However, the don't
sell much in the way of motors... But sell a lot of metal cut-offs.
Lots of Aluminum plate.

I work only about 5 minutes from their shop...it's a great way to
spend a lunch hour.
_kevin

_kevin

Thanks Kevin. A guy at work was looking for a motor to spin his cymbals
for polishing. I pitched all my old ones.
When the weather gets too cold for outdoor stuff, I'm going to have
to make a trip down there.

Wayne D.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-05, Wayne wrote:

Thanks Kevin. A guy at work was looking for a motor to spin his
cymbals for polishing. I pitched all my old ones.

What kind of motor do you need?

When the weather gets too cold for outdoor stuff, I'm going to have
to make a trip down there.

Sounds like a fun place, I will go too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It happens that Ignoramus17745 formulated :
On 2010-10-05, Wayne wrote:

Thanks Kevin. A guy at work was looking for a motor to spin his
cymbals for polishing. I pitched all my old ones.

What kind of motor do you need?

Look at the specs on the right hand side.
http://procymbal.com/about.html
Got a 1/2 hp 3ph motor & sgl ph vfd for sale?
He lives more in your neck of the woods.

When the weather gets too cold for outdoor stuff, I'm going to have
to make a trip down there.

Sounds like a fun place, I will go too.

Wayne D.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-10-05, Wayne wrote:

Thanks Kevin. A guy at work was looking for a motor to spin his
cymbals for polishing. I pitched all my old ones.

What kind of motor do you need?

Look at the specs on the right hand side.
http://procymbal.com/about.html
Got a 1/2 hp 3ph motor & sgl ph vfd for sale?
He lives more in your neck of the woods.

I have a 1 HP 3 phase motor.