Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dry Ice Blasting

Removing old paint, metal corrosion and organic bottom deposits is a very large time consumer in all kinds of construction and
maintenance. I love sand blasting as a process, but there are significant downsides to this. One is the mess it creates and
another is its lack of discrimination on what it removes and what it leaves behind. Does anyone have any experience with Dry Ice
blasting. The advertising of this makes all kinds of claims. Is it as good as it is advertised?
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Removing old paint, metal corrosion and organic bottom deposits is a very large time consumer in all kinds of construction and
maintenance. I love sand blasting as a process, but there are significant downsides to this. One is the mess it creates and
another is its lack of discrimination on what it removes and what it leaves behind. Does anyone have any experience with Dry Ice
blasting. The advertising of this makes all kinds of claims. Is it as good as it is advertised?
Steve

It was absolutely fantastic for cleaning built up mold release from S-Rim molds. Pretty
easy on painted surfaces too. Don't get too close to membrane keypads or instrument faces
though.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Soda Blasting? Gunner Asch[_6_] Metalworking 11 September 12th 10 02:46 AM
Soda Blasting? ATP Metalworking 17 September 11th 10 11:16 PM
Soda Blasting? Pete C. Metalworking 0 September 8th 10 04:37 AM
Sand / Whatever Blasting Doki UK diy 7 June 2nd 07 12:27 AM