Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding steel to cast iron head?

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:34:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:20:08 -0700, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote: How about a threaded hole and a bolt.

Gunner wrote: Check the photos I just posted...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I say "amen" to Bob's suggestion, AFTER looking at the pictures carefully.
What is depicted that argues against his idea?

The hole in the center of the "tower" and the fact the valve cover
nearly touches the sides of the "towers"?

I suppose if you used 4-40 flatheads, one on either side of the stud,
it might work. Brazing still seems best to me.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote: How about a threaded hole and a bolt.

Gunner wrote: Check the photos I just posted...
I say "amen" to Bob's suggestion, AFTER looking at the pictures
carefully.
What is depicted that argues against his idea?

The hole in the center of the "tower" and the fact the valve cover
nearly touches the sides of the "towers"?

I suppose if you used 4-40 flatheads, one on either side of the stud,
it might work. Brazing still seems best to me.

Stick it on with boogers and be done with it!