Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moscow-Yakutsk highway :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U5ZmkaXcM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus1469" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U5ZmkaXcM

So this is not so far-fetched?

http://search.dilbert.com/search?p=Q...%3acomic&srt=0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-09-13, Michael Koblic wrote:

"Ignoramus1469" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U5ZmkaXcM

I grew up with that song! Till I was twelve I thought it was about a man
called "Franta Vaya"...
I have been on roads like these not a 1000 miles from here :-)
There were people who would throw us out in the middle of an afternoon visit
when it started to rain on account of high likelihood of not making it out
of their valley.
The stuff sticks +++. I routinely spent over $12 pressure washing the truck.

I have never seen roads like this on this continent... The worst was
gravel roads with puddles, or beat up concrete roads.

Anyway, never invade Russia in the spring or after September.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 14, 12:43*pm, Ignoramus5013
I have never seen roads like this on this continent... The worst was
gravel roads with puddles, or beat up concrete roads.

They are out there but no longer go anywhere important, and only the
4WD etc crowd plays on them. When I was in a trail riding club we used
an unpaved turnpike built around 1804.

It's said that in the winter when the swamps are frozen a snowmobile
can follow marked trails and dirt roads the entire north-south length
of New Hampshire, Mass to Canada. I've run rallys that went 100 miles
in dirt and mud.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/11/2010 08:59 PM, Ignoramus1469 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U5ZmkaXcM

If that were a Jeopardy! answer, the question would be "Alex, what is a
ditch?!?"

I liked the little pothole with the back ends of cars sticking out.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:10:07 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On 09/11/2010 08:59 PM, Ignoramus1469 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4U5ZmkaXcM

If that were a Jeopardy! answer, the question would be "Alex, what is a
ditch?!?"

I liked the little pothole with the back ends of cars sticking out.

Around 1950, the schools were closed for a week+ at Easter and 2 or 3
weeks for spring break up; and if we were really lucky, these were not
concurrent.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada