Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Too_Many_Drools forced to cancel his Moscow trip on short notice

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Moscow mayor calls gay pride march 'Satanic'
Jan 25 12:29 PM US/Eastern

The mayor of Moscow, known for his overtly homophobic statements, said
Monday that he would never allow a gay pride parade in the city, calling it
"Satanic" and saying marchers should be punished.
"A gay parade... cannot be called anything but a Satanic act," Yury Luzhkov
told an education conference, quoted by Interfax news agency. "We haven't
permitted such a parade and we won't permit it in the future."

Luzhkov called for gay marchers to be punished. "It's high time that we stop
propagating nonsense discussions about human rights, and bring to bear on
them the full force and justice of the law," he said.

Gay rights campaigner Nikolai Alexeyev reaffirmed that plans for this year's
gay pride parade will go ahead despite the ban.

"We don't plan to make any changes. We still plan to hold a gay parade on
May 29," Alexeyev told AFP.

Luzhkov first called the gay pride parade "Satanic" in 2007, prompting gay
rights campaigners to sue him for libel -- unsuccessfully.

Organisers have never been granted permission to hold gay pride parades by
the city authorities, leading to violent clashes with police and anti-gay
protestors.

Last year's parade took place on the day of the Eurovision Song Contest
final held in Moscow.

In a public relations disaster for the city, Alexeyev and other campaigners
were brutally dragged into police vans by riot police in front of a crowd of
international journalists.

They were later fined.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-01-26, Burled Frau wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Moscow mayor calls gay pride march 'Satanic'
Jan 25 12:29 PM US/Eastern

The mayor of Moscow, known for his overtly homophobic statements, said
Monday that he would never allow a gay pride parade in the city, calling it
"Satanic" and saying marchers should be punished.
"A gay parade... cannot be called anything but a Satanic act," Yury Luzhkov
told an education conference, quoted by Interfax news agency. "We haven't
permitted such a parade and we won't permit it in the future."

The mayor of moscow is definitely a heterosexual, because he has a
wife. His wife's name is Yelena Baturina. She is a businesswoman and
owns a "construction consulting firm". This firm performs consulting
services for 80% of all construction projects in Moscow, that need
approval by Moscow mayor's office.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 25, 9:07*pm, Ignoramus29432 ignoramus29...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-01-26, Burled Frau wrote:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...ce2129ef95d8e7....

Moscow mayor calls gay pride march 'Satanic'
Jan 25 12:29 PM US/Eastern

The mayor of Moscow, known for his overtly homophobic statements, said
Monday that he would never allow a gay pride parade in the city, calling it
"Satanic" and saying marchers should be punished.
"A gay parade... cannot be called anything but a Satanic act," Yury Luzhkov
told an education conference, quoted by Interfax news agency. "We haven't
permitted such a parade and we won't permit it in the future."

The mayor of moscow is definitely a heterosexual, because he has a
wife. His wife's name is Yelena Baturina. She is a businesswoman and
owns a "construction consulting firm". This firm performs consulting
services for 80% of all construction projects in Moscow, that need
approval by Moscow mayor's office.

Nice to keep the money in the family.

Ig...did you see these stories?

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...9033326721.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/12/bu...al/12ikea.html

Reminds me of the GOP when I read them.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 25, 7:57*pm, "Burled Frau" wrote:
[...]

Well it sounds like you made it to the parade.

We are all proud of you coming out of the closet.

TMT