Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone want a good shooting course...CHEAP??!

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:45:01 -0600, robert bowman
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

But this offer is legit. *I dont know why they are doing it..probably
because times are tough and they have some slack time. Or they are
trying to get some capital.

There is always some sort of incredible deal or the other. I'm not saying
they aren't good deals, just that it's like listening to radio ads for the
furniture store that has been going out of business for years.

One side effect that has been a little controversial is the 'First Families'
deal to buy a home site in scenic Nevada. It's like those free weekend at
Tits Up resort or the free dinner at Holiday Inn that I keep dropping in
the trash. You just have to say 'no', but I gather you might have to say no
several times.

Ayup..Ive heard that they will give you the homesite propaganda pitch at
FrontSight, but the training is still quite good.

Ive taken any number of trips free on the real estate agents dime over
the years, Hawaii, Bahamas etc, the only requirement was to sit through
a 2 hour spiel. I can live with that easily!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

The little boombox I have up to power my home stereo speakers for the
computer is one from a resort vacation scam^H^H^H^Hoffer. I've also
received Ginsu knife sets and a small color TV from various other
sc^H^Hoffers.

Gunner, has anyone here confirmed the veracity of this offer? I've
seen Unca Pizza offer the $2k courses for $499, but never $69. And the
myfrontsite.com website resolves to some consultant in the Bay Area,
not to Piazza in Nevada. Are you absolutely sure it's not an identity
theft ring which is playing off FrontSite's fame?

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Nope..not sure at all. But Since Ive been getting their emails for
years..and about two weeks ago Piazza started posting a build up for
Something Amazing! and so forth..and then the offer came in the last
email.

Shrug..Im sure its over by now. So its not a biggie. Though I did post
the phone number of Front Sight and suggested someone call and find out.
But I keep forgetting that no one here knows how to use a phone..only
RFQs and email.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Two of my friends from the Lucerne Valley (CA) Lions Club range went
and said that it was great. If I had the time, and I may yet, I'd do
it. I'd take my MH and save the room expense. The range and course
are actually in Pahrump, NV, some 30 miles from Las Vegas.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Better jump on it quick..today is the last day for the $89 class signup

So Grab YOUR $89 Four Day Defensive Handgun Course NOW

https://www.myfrontsight.com/secure/greatest.php

So what's the catch? Honestly there is no catch. I have done my best to
try to explain Front Sight's Purpose and the WHY and HOW of this offer.
The fact that we can now offer mid-week courses doubles the training
opportunities for our lifetime members and those students who have
certificates to attend our courses--and gives you the training
opportunity of a lifetime.

If you have ever wanted to gain a level of skill with a handgun that
exceeds the levels found in the law enforcement and military community,
and you want it delivered in a caring and compassionate manner that is
great for your entire family, and you want to save money on travel and
lodging in the process by taking advantage of this amazing, unbelievable
and unprecedented opportunity to attend over 40 hours of Front Sight's
Four Day Defensive Handgun Course mid-week, Monday through Thursday for
a one-time-only offer of $89, and you want to attend right now or in the
future when it is convenient for you, THEN RESPOND IMMEDIATELY.
https://www.myfrontsight.com/secure/greatest.php

Here is How it Works...

Simply click on this link and it will take you to the registration page
where you register, set up your Front Sight account and pay $89 to
secure a mid-week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun
Course.

Upon completing the registration process, you will receive an immediate
receipt and confirmation number indicating you have a mid-week, Monday
through Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun Course on file under your
account name with Front Sight.

At any time in the future simply go to our website and use the on-line
Course Application process to select the mid-week course date you wish
and we will place you in your course and e-mail you your course
enrollment confirmation letter.

SIMPLE, EASY and EFFICIENT.

We now have mid-week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day Defensive
Handgun courses on our schedule in September, October, November and
December.

Our 2011 schedule will be posted on the website in October and we will
have even more mid-week course dates throughout 2011.

So click on this link to secure YOUR mid-week, Monday through Thursday,
40 plus hour, Four Day Defensive Handgun Course for only $89.

Have more questions?

OK, Here are Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, but don't wait too
long because this offer will sell out quickly and the page will be taken
down immediately.

Here are answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions about this
amazing offer:

Q. Can I purchase more than one of these mid-week, Monday through
Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun Courses?
A. Yes, purchase as many as you wish. They are transferable so you can
give them to family and friends.

Q. Can I e-mail this offer to others?
A. Yes, please do.

Q. If I purchase the mid-week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day
Defensive Handgun Course can I use it at any time in the future?
A. Yes, there is no expiration date on the course once you purchase it.

Q. Is this mid-week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun
Course for $89 EXACTLY the same as the Four Day Defensive Handgun Course
listed on your website and brochure for $2,000?
A. Yes, the very same course.

Q. Can I trade in other offers I have purchased towards this one?
A. No, this is a stand-alone offer.

Q. What are the hours of the Four Day Course?
A. It starts at 7:30am each day and ends after 6:00pm each day (except
on the third evening which ends two hours AFTER dusk due to low light
and night firing exercises) for over 40 hours of expertly supervised
hands-on firearms training that is GREAT for the entire family!

Q. Is it too physical for elderly or disabled people?
A. We have trained people in their 90's. As long as you can walk up to
the firing line, stand for 10 minutes to shoot and walk back, we will
work with you to make sure you do well.

Q. Am I guaranteed to get into the course that I select to attend?
A. Yes, as long as you register for your selected course at least two
weeks before the course date, you will be guaranteed a spot in the
course.

Q. How do I apply for a course date?
A. After you purchase your course you will receive an immediate on-line
receipt for your purchase and we will place a mid-week, Monday through
Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun Course on file under your account
name. You can then return to the on-line application page at any time
and enroll in a mid week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day Defensive
Handgun Course and we will place you in the course.

Q. Do I receive a confirmation for the course enrollment?
A. Yes, once you complete the on-line Application for Instruction at
least two weeks before the course date you select, we will e-mail you a
Confirmation Letter.

Q. What is in the Confirmation Letter?
A. Everything you need to know to prepare for the course. See the
Confirmation Letter in the Frequently Asked Questions for a copy of the
standard confirmation letter we send.

Q. Are there any other costs for the course?
A. There is a $50 criminal background check fee that must be completed
on all students, even CCW holders, law enforcement and military
personnel. You are also responsible for travel, lodging, food and ammo.

Q. Where is the training located?
A. On our world-class 550-acre firearms training facility near Las
Vegas, Nevada.

Q. Are there reasonable hotels available?
A. Most students currently stay in one of three hotels in the town of
Pahrump, 20 minutes from our training site that provide special rates
for our students that range from $35 to $75 per night. See the Hotel
List in the Frequently Asked Questions for a list of hotels.

Q. Do we bring our own gun or do you have rentals available?
A. You can bring your own gun, or we rent everything you need for the
Four Day Handgun Course for only $100.

Q. How do I transport my gun on the airlines?
A. See the Frequently Asked Questions for the easy, proper procedure for
Weapon Transportation.

Q. What's the catch?
A. There is no catch. I know that once you attend a mid-week, Monday
through Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun Course, you will want to
attend everything we offer AND will also tell everyone you know to come
to Front Sight. So you will then be helping me positively change the
image of gun ownership in our lifetimes even faster by spreading the
good word about Front Sight.

Q. What else do I need to know about the offer?
A. There is nothing else to know about the offer. Just take advantage of
it. For any other questions that I did not answer here, PLEASE go to
Front Sight's Frequently Asked Questions to get answers to most if not
all your questions.

So Don't Wait Any Longer. This Offer Will Be Gone and THIS LINK will be
Deactivated as Soon as the Last Confirmation Receipt is Taken.

Get YOUR mid-week, Monday through Thursday, Four Day Defensive Handgun
Course NOW (and get one for every member of your family too!)

I look forward to Front Sight providing you and your entire family with
the Comfort of Skill at Arms!

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
P.O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001
http://www.frontsight.com

1.800.987.7719

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Oh..before I forget..when is the next match out there at the Lions Club?
I totally enjoyed the one you invited me to. You guys present a very fun
competition event.

Now that Im mostly recovered from the heart surgery and the weather will
be cooling off in a month or 2, Ill be getting my ammo stocks
replenished..casting bullets is not much fun when its 112F....and Id
like to shoot comp a bit more again. Other than the match you invited me
to...its been years since I shot it out with good shooters. And I
enjoyed it emensly.

Ill even try to talk Brue Bergman into coming along again, and Ill
supply him with a weapon that is competative.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

John and Tara Venard of the Big Bear Revolver Club hold a fun match
the third Sunday of each month out there. They usually have five to
six stages and you'll probably need at least 150 rounds. They start
at 8:00 a.m. They kinda jumped in and took over after I had my match.
I have since joined the Lions Club there and have become an NRA
Instructor and Range Safety Officer. We've expended the rifle range
to include eight more shooting positions and we now have lights on the
trap and pistol ranges and are open on Tuesday evenings from 5-8. That
has become a busy place. Saturday hours are 8-4 and you can shoot all
day for $6. I think they charge $10 for the matches and that goes to
the Lions Club. If you decide to come over, let me know and I'll make
an effort to get my ass out of bed and come out.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Ill certainly do that. I figure by November I should have most of the
projects finished up (sooner if cash shows up) and Ill have some time to
go play.

I also dug the bushes away from the sailboats, so maybe Ill get some
sailing in this winter too.