Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Anyone want a good shooting course...CHEAP??!

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:26:18 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 09:07:39 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:08:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:45:01 -0600, robert bowman
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

But this offer is legit. *I dont know why they are doing it..probably
because times are tough and they have some slack time. Or they are
trying to get some capital.

There is always some sort of incredible deal or the other. I'm not saying
they aren't good deals, just that it's like listening to radio ads for the
furniture store that has been going out of business for years.

One side effect that has been a little controversial is the 'First Families'
deal to buy a home site in scenic Nevada. It's like those free weekend at
Tits Up resort or the free dinner at Holiday Inn that I keep dropping in
the trash. You just have to say 'no', but I gather you might have to say no
several times.

Ayup..Ive heard that they will give you the homesite propaganda pitch at
FrontSight, but the training is still quite good.

Ive taken any number of trips free on the real estate agents dime over
the years, Hawaii, Bahamas etc, the only requirement was to sit through
a 2 hour spiel. I can live with that easily!

The little boombox I have up to power my home stereo speakers for the
computer is one from a resort vacation scam^H^H^H^Hoffer. I've also
received Ginsu knife sets and a small color TV from various other
sc^H^Hoffers.

Gunner, has anyone here confirmed the veracity of this offer? I've
seen Unca Pizza offer the $2k courses for $499, but never $69. And the
myfrontsite.com website resolves to some consultant in the Bay Area,
not to Piazza in Nevada. Are you absolutely sure it's not an identity
theft ring which is playing off FrontSite's fame?

Nope..not sure at all. But Since Ive been getting their emails for
years..and about two weeks ago Piazza started posting a build up for
Something Amazing! and so forth..and then the offer came in the last
email.

Shrug..Im sure its over by now. So its not a biggie. Though I did post
the phone number of Front Sight and suggested someone call and find out.
But I keep forgetting that no one here knows how to use a phone..only
RFQs and email.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Two of my friends from the Lucerne Valley (CA) Lions Club range went
and said that it was great. If I had the time, and I may yet, I'd do
it. I'd take my MH and save the room expense. The range and course
are actually in Pahrump, NV, some 30 miles from Las Vegas.

Jim