Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got the Horizontal Mill up and running Part 2

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 04:03:46 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...32487646937426

WMV file. Check your volume..its loud..I missed fixing that when I
uploaded the file. First video Ive ever done, oddly enough
The shop fan (to the left of the screen) sounds like a freaking wind
tunnel in the video.

The mill itself (and Id have reshot it without the fan if Id known) is
actually pretty damned quiet. Video shows all the feeds running, x/w/z
at the same time.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Larios#

Last 11 or so pictures shows me blowing the dust out of the old girl. I
only have one of the two drive belts in the machine..the other one
popped in half earlier today when I put power to the machine. The
remaining belt is like a piece of wood, and isnt going to last long.
But..the last time the old girl was run, was over 20 yrs ago..so
shrug..its not surprising. Simple belts, nothing fancy. Ill pick up a
pair of them next time I get near a belt place. ACE hardware has
em...common belt..but I dont pay 300% of normal cost unless I really
really really need something.

Its Alive!!! Muwhahahahaha!

Now whats my next project? Humm....12x12 Spartan bandsaw...now wheres
my rust buster........hummmmm..........

Gunner

Cool. How did I miss this before? Where's volume 1? Last I saw you
where playing with a vertical mill.

I had a flash drive video camera, for some reason it didn't make it
through the road trip. All I can think of is that someone kicked the
travel bag or climate change.

You should see this horizontal mill that I just acquired, 6' bed.
Can't wait to take it apart and put it back together.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Pictures!! Lets seem em!!! Btw...Ebay is one of the best sources for
cheap digital cameras.

Im particuarly fond of the Olympus C3000 and C3030 and even the C4000
cameras, as they do Everything fairly well, and can be had for under $30
with shipping included. Media card up to 512 megabyte holds a ****load
of pictures. And they are quite tough and rugged. They run fine on 4 AA
rechargables and for quite a long time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-CAMEDIA-...-/290464924549

Example only

So what kind of mill is it? Tell us about it!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)