Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wood router duty cycle?

"Buerste" wrote:

We use Hitachi 3hp plunge routers. They often run 8 hours a day. They last
6 months and then I throw them away. We used to get them rebuilt but the
cost curve says "pitch 'em!". Usually, the bearings go first but that's not
all...everything just wears out! I have boxes and boxes of all the
accoutrements that come with these that never get used. I just can't pitch
them. I more than get my money out of them!

For your use, you're gold!

I have Hitachi MV12 that I bought for a still not finished router table. Have you used
one and if so how did it hold up?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--

That's the variable speed version, I use the M-12. I've found that they are
the best for the money and work hard...right up until the time they die a

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

I have Hitachi MV12 that I bought for a still not finished router table.
Have you used
one and if so how did it hold up?

Wes
--

That's the variable speed version, I use the M-12. I've found that they are
the best for the money and work hard...right up until the time they die a
screaming, smoking death. But, I wouldn't doubt we get 1,000 hours.

I'd never use mine that long and if I did, I'd not kick about it. Thanks for the hard
life product review.