Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Wood router duty cycle?

"Buerste" wrote:

We use Hitachi 3hp plunge routers. They often run 8 hours a day. They last
6 months and then I throw them away. We used to get them rebuilt but the
cost curve says "pitch 'em!". Usually, the bearings go first but that's not
all...everything just wears out! I have boxes and boxes of all the
accoutrements that come with these that never get used. I just can't pitch
them. I more than get my money out of them!

For your use, you're gold!

I have Hitachi MV12 that I bought for a still not finished router table. Have you used
one and if so how did it hold up?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller