Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on "brake does not work"

This is definitely NOT the cylinder and it is definitely the valve. It
is called "Univer AE1001" or AE 1001.

Typical example is this thread from cnczone:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17283

I think that I will just get a replacement if I cannot find a kit.

I will check with these guys tomorrow:

www.pneusol.com/catalogs/univer/subbas.pdf
http://www.plccenter.com/buy/UNIVER+GROUP/AE1001
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I think that I will just get a replacement if I cannot find a kit.

Ig, most any ARO (Ingersoll) Alpha-body valve would swap out with that
one (although it might not bolt down in the same footprint -- a sub-plate
would solve that).

Even their ordinary solenoid-operated valves can be easily converted to
independent pilot supply operation, if you need to. (you won't at the
supply pressure this thing runs on).

ARO Alpha body valves are cheap and reliable.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I think that I will just get a replacement if I cannot find a kit.

Ig, most any ARO (Ingersoll) Alpha-body valve would swap out with that
one (although it might not bolt down in the same footprint -- a sub-plate
would solve that).

Even their ordinary solenoid-operated valves can be easily converted to
independent pilot supply operation, if you need to. (you won't at the
supply pressure this thing runs on).

ARO Alpha body valves are cheap and reliable.

Lloyd, s, what would be that valve called?

ARO alpha-body four way piloted solenoid valve?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I think that I will just get a replacement if I cannot find a kit.

Ig, most any ARO (Ingersoll) Alpha-body valve would swap out with that
one (although it might not bolt down in the same footprint -- a sub-plate
would solve that).

Even their ordinary solenoid-operated valves can be easily converted to
independent pilot supply operation, if you need to. (you won't at the
supply pressure this thing runs on).

ARO Alpha body valves are cheap and reliable.

Lloyd, s, what would be that valve called?

ARO alpha-body four way piloted solenoid valve?

Lloyd, as a second thought, if I can buy a direct relpacement, like
for $117 at PLC Center, I would just rather get it. I do not trust
that company, perhaps they list things that they do not have (web
spamming). I will make some phone calls tomorrow.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

ARO alpha-body four way piloted solenoid valve?

Ig, I haven't looked at that pneumatic circuit yet, because mine works.

I don't know if the valve is "internal pilot" or "external pilot supply".
If you buy the internal pilot version, it's an easy job to convert it to
external pilot supply if necessary.

Otherwise, that description sounds right. MSC sells them. You need to
specify the solenoid voltage, and internal or external pilot (likely,
they don't stock the external versions, and will sell you a conversion
kit which is a screw and a washer).

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I opened the valve up, taking copious pictures. I do see that one seal
inside seems to be completely broke. It seems to be made of yellow
polyurethane or some other yellow translucent material.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I opened the valve up, taking copious pictures. I do see that one seal
inside seems to be completely broke. It seems to be made of yellow
polyurethane or some other yellow translucent material.

Seal? O-ring? Cup? Not all "rubber" (not counting urethane, which is an
aliphatic plastic resin) o-rings are black. 'could be urethane, but that's
a material that doesn't like sliding friction as much as Buna-N or
Neoprene.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-08-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I opened the valve up, taking copious pictures. I do see that one seal
inside seems to be completely broke. It seems to be made of yellow
polyurethane or some other yellow translucent material.

Seal? O-ring? Cup? Not all "rubber" (not counting urethane, which is an
aliphatic plastic resin) o-rings are black. 'could be urethane, but that's
a material that doesn't like sliding friction as much as Buna-N or
Neoprene.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...eumatic-Valve/

Pictures are very high resolution.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28889 fired this volley
in :

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...ract-2-CNC-Mil
l/27-Univer-AE-1001-Four-Way-Pneumatic-Valve/

Yeah... sigh... that is urethane, and it is a "cup" (in a sense... it sure
ain't an o-ring).

Time for a rebuild kit or a replacement valve.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:22:42 -0500, Ignoramus28889

On 2010-08-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I opened the valve up, taking copious pictures. I do see that one seal
inside seems to be completely broke. It seems to be made of yellow
polyurethane or some other yellow translucent material.

Seal? O-ring? Cup? Not all "rubber" (not counting urethane, which is an
aliphatic plastic resin) o-rings are black. 'could be urethane, but that's
a material that doesn't like sliding friction as much as Buna-N or
Neoprene.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...eumatic-Valve/

Pictures are very high resolution.

Yes..they are very high resoluton. I have a program called Zoom running
on Firefox..and I was able to blow those up 800% without loosing any
detail. Nicely done. Too bad you didnt focus on the valve, but on the
case behind it.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus28889 wrote:

I opened the valve up, taking copious pictures. I do see that one seal
inside seems to be completely broke. It seems to be made of yellow
polyurethane or some other yellow translucent material.

New seals would cost you only a few dollars. Unless you see significant
wear in the valve, there is no reason to scrap it.