Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28889 Ignoramus28889 is offline

Default Followup on "brake does not work"

On 2010-08-19, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus28889 fired this volley in
:

I think that I will just get a replacement if I cannot find a kit.

Ig, most any ARO (Ingersoll) Alpha-body valve would swap out with that
one (although it might not bolt down in the same footprint -- a sub-plate
would solve that).

Even their ordinary solenoid-operated valves can be easily converted to
independent pilot supply operation, if you need to. (you won't at the
supply pressure this thing runs on).

ARO Alpha body valves are cheap and reliable.

Lloyd, s, what would be that valve called?

ARO alpha-body four way piloted solenoid valve?

Lloyd, as a second thought, if I can buy a direct relpacement, like
for $117 at PLC Center, I would just rather get it. I do not trust
that company, perhaps they list things that they do not have (web
spamming). I will make some phone calls tomorrow.