Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A followup to "AB Landola semi-acoustic guitar electrics ,c 1960s"

Some pretty pics for a change, finished pickup rewind
With some 1960s Pekalit red bakelite and brass knobs that I happen to have a
supply of, far more in keeping than the "original" ? grotty loking grey
aluminium Japanese ones.
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...t/landola2.jpg
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...t/landola3.jpg
owner agreed
(before tidying away the internal wiring)

I now know it is possible to remove pots and brasswork mounts through the
soundhole

ps
there may be disallowed remote linking with this host, anyone finding that
please feedback here. Seems you sometimes have to repeat attempt to access .

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:39:06 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Some pretty pics for a change, finished pickup rewind
With some 1960s Pekalit red bakelite and brass knobs that I happen to

have a
supply of, far more in keeping than the "original" ? grotty loking grey
aluminium Japanese ones.
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...t/landola2.jpg
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...t/landola3.jpg
owner agreed
(before tidying away the internal wiring)

I now know it is possible to remove pots and brasswork mounts through the
soundhole

ps
there may be disallowed remote linking with this host, anyone finding

that
please feedback here. Seems you sometimes have to repeat attempt to

access .

Would have been nice to see some pictures larger than 200x200 pixels.

Basics of frequency response of pickups anywhere?
Using a 390uH wire-ended axial choke for injector
in place of guitar string and an AF generator
and comparing roughly, the frequency response.
The rewind was about the same at 100Hz , less
at 1KHz and more at 8 KHz
Presumably more insulation on the replacement wire for less
distributed C, but mid-range drop ?
Can't do much about the choice of wire , so doesn't leave much to play with

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:15:31 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Basics of frequency response of pickups anywhere?

Pinched from the thread in sci.electronics.design
Subject: Audio Circuit for *High* Output Impedance

http://tinyurl.com/mdyxtz
which takes you to:-
http://online.physics.uiuc.edu/cours...asurements.pdf

Not exactly the "basic" info perhaps.

--
Geo
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Geo wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:15:31 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

Basics of frequency response of pickups anywhere?

Pinched from the thread in sci.electronics.design

http://tinyurl.com/mdyxtz
which takes you to:-

http://online.physics.uiuc.edu/cours.../Electric_Guit
ar_Pickup_Measurements.pdf

Not exactly the "basic" info perhaps.

--
Geo

A good academic treatise , but I'm more interested in the practicalities.
Correlation between winding weave/dimensions/ changing magnets etc for a
given constraint within a particular housing and wire type, what correlation
on the output frequency characteristic.