Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help needed

I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm
width con rod. I have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any help will be appreciated.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 08/10/2010 12:09 PM, Steve Lusardi wrote:
I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The
dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm width con rod. I
have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any
help will be appreciated.
Steve

Call around to local parts houses and/or bearing manufacturers & see if
you find someone who has that index in their head?

Most parts guys, when confronted by an oddball request like that, will
recoil like you slapped them with a three-day-dead fish. Make friends
with the ones that don't.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:
On 08/10/2010 12:09 PM, Steve Lusardi wrote:
I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The
dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm width con rod. I
have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any
help will be appreciated.
Steve

Call around to local parts houses and/or bearing manufacturers & see if
you find someone who has that index in their head?

Most parts guys, when confronted by an oddball request like that, will
recoil like you slapped them with a three-day-dead fish. Make friends
with the ones that don't.

The old Federal Mogul and Perfect Circle books had a listing by size for
such needs. Looked them up many times. I still have some of those
squirreled away out at the shop, and the warehouse probably has one, and
maybe even someone who knows how to use it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Lusardi wrote:
I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The
dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm width con rod. I
have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any
help will be appreciated.
Steve

Beck-Arnley
Federal Mogul

What is the application?
What bearing shell thickness can the caps handle?
You will need to determine the con rod bore, crush amount and oiling
alignment.
38MM is a common journal size in import engines. The width could be a
problem though.

91 Honda CRX HF 1.5 liter used a 38MM rod bearing.

--
Steve W.

VFD Needed Rob Fraser Metalworking 23 October 30th 07 11:30 AM
STK-360 needed Tim Schwartz Electronics Repair 0 May 23rd 06 12:38 PM
help needed please dave Home Repair 9 April 10th 06 06:03 PM
Part needed: Kenwood Car Radio KDC-MP625 part needed Klem Electronics Repair 1 September 28th 05 04:27 AM
IC needed [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 August 18th 05 01:14 AM