Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Help needed

I'm building a race motor. I can make the crank and the con rods. I can't make the bearings.
Steve

"Steve W." wrote in message ...
Steve Lusardi wrote:
I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The
dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm width con rod. I
have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any
help will be appreciated.
Steve

Beck-Arnley
Federal Mogul

What is the application?
What bearing shell thickness can the caps handle?
You will need to determine the con rod bore, crush amount and oiling
alignment.
38MM is a common journal size in import engines. The width could be a
problem though.

91 Honda CRX HF 1.5 liter used a 38MM rod bearing.

--
Steve W.