Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Challenge is Issued

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:54:06 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

ahhh, right and left sides of a fishing reel.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Looks like the back plate for a set of automotive gauges. Replacement
for the back of the instruament cluster in a vehicle of some sort?

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

ahhh, right and left sides of a fishing reel.

SW

Oooh!! thats good too!!

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter.
Highest score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade
tree machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have
achieved their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the
period for which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Throat-area limiters for NASCAR-type carburetor bodies.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-29, Bob La Londe wrote:
What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

Two bearing mounts.

Not sure why the projecting lobe to the left of each.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 29 Jul 2010 05:19:16 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2010-07-29, Bob La Londe wrote:
What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

Two bearing mounts.

Not sure why the projecting lobe to the left of each.

Those cutouts are a pair of Pac Man trophies, silly.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 28, 9:54*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

Points will be given for getting.

(5 points) General class of item.

(5 points) Specific class of item.

(5 points) Specific item.

(1000 points) Exact and use application.

CLOSE DOES NOT COUNT.

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

The work piece is made up (in my shop) and the points don't matter. *Highest
score will be officially named by me as the worlds smartest shade tree
machinist. *They will hold the title for 5 seconds after they have achieved
their score and anybody can contest it in writing during the period for
which the title is held.

Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

Something to do with boats? Oar locks? (Although most seem to be
symmetrical.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:54:06 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:54:06 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

What does that mean?

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

--
jiw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 29, 12:27*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:54:06 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:

What was cut from this piece of material?

http://a.imageshack.us/img840/6064/dscf1706x.jpg

The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

What does that mean?

I will post the final work piece sometime tomorrow.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

--
jiw

Damned if wikipedia ain't got that covered...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cope_and_drag

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 29, 12:27*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message
The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

What does that mean?

Bob La Londe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cope_and_drag

You flunk the quiz.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that. Auuuuuuuugh.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Jul 29, 12:27 pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message
The drag and cope of a mold for a soft-plastic fishing lure?

What does that mean?

Bob La Londe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cope_and_drag

You flunk the quiz.

I guess so. Never knew the terms for all that sand casting and lost wax
stuff.