Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Got the Z axis wired too

It was kind of bad. The hex hole oin the setscrew on the encoder wheel
stripped, because the thread around it was not done all the way. I had
to do some stupid stuff to get it to go. I think that I will ask US
Digital for another wheel just in case. But it does seem to work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus9140" wrote in message
It was kind of bad. The hex hole oin the setscrew on the encoder wheel
stripped, because the thread around it was not done all the way. I had
to do some stupid stuff to get it to go. I think that I will ask US
Digital for another wheel just in case. But it does seem to work.

I had an encoder wheel get just barely, imperceptibly, loose. Drove me nuts
with servo instability and repeatability issues.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-22, Karl Townsend wrote:

"Ignoramus9140" wrote in message
It was kind of bad. The hex hole oin the setscrew on the encoder wheel
stripped, because the thread around it was not done all the way. I had
to do some stupid stuff to get it to go. I think that I will ask US
Digital for another wheel just in case. But it does seem to work.

I had an encoder wheel get just barely, imperceptibly, loose. Drove me nuts
with servo instability and repeatability issues.

No, it is tight now.