Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default underwater metal working in the gulf

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

The page on Rep Markey's site was smaller than normal. I went here to pick a non-embeded
web stream.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...ntId=706 2605

I hope this attempt works.

From what I've read, the BOP had one blind shear that a joint of pipe could foul. It
would seem that a second shear would have been plain common sense. My automation systems
use dual path circuits to control control power to things that can hurt one. Single point
failure in a BOP is idiotic. JMHO.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:56:28 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

Every time...no exceptions...every time Ive gone to one of the camera
feeds, I get "waiting for video"

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

Every time...no exceptions...every time Ive gone to one of the camera
feeds, I get "waiting for video"

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Wes has got a good one. You haven't? Doesn't seem like it is coming
out so fast to me and never did. Maybe it's the depth... I would
think the video would be blurred from the gallons their talking a day.
Doesn't seem like they are stomping on the gas so to say as much as I
would imagine. There must be unknown problems that makes it look that
way.

Bet I could come up with a smoother PTZ camera.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

A good what? Black window with "waiting for video" in it isnt good?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:43:52 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Bill Noble" wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

The page on Rep Markey's site was smaller than normal. I went here to pick a non-embeded
web stream.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...ntId=706 2605

I hope this attempt works.

From what I've read, the BOP had one blind shear that a joint of pipe could foul. It
would seem that a second shear would have been plain common sense. My automation systems
use dual path circuits to control control power to things that can hurt one. Single point
failure in a BOP is idiotic. JMHO.

Wes

The usual configuration is one set of shear rams, a second section
with pipe rams and finally the annular "bag" BOP that is usually the
top set. So the congenial setup is three separate BOPs. One set on the
top that can close around various diameter tubulars, a second set to
close around the drill pipe and finally the shear rams that are
capable of shearing off the drill pipe, although usually only between
tool joints (at each end of a joint). So there are usually three
separate and distinct BOP's installed. Each one with its own closing
system.

This is how a land rig is configured. For sub-sea the BOPs may be
configured as one large device but I believe that the three separate
systems are still incorporated into the device.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

A good what? Black window with "waiting for video" in it isnt good?

Gunner

Actually, I have found thee black windows to just as entertaining as some of
the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy boring live videos.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Bill Noble" wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you
don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

The page on Rep Markey's site was smaller than normal. I went here to
pick a non-embeded
web stream.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...ntId=706 2605

I hope this attempt works.

From what I've read, the BOP had one blind shear that a joint of pipe
could foul. It
[...]

Sitting a BOP on top of a piece of pipe topside is fun enough. Under a mile
of water with cameras, it must be really fun. Those things are huge and
heavy.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:45:00 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

A good what? Black window with "waiting for video" in it isnt good?

Gunner

Actually, I have found thee black windows to just as entertaining as some of
the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy boring live videos.

Steve

Hummm...true indeed.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

underwater metal working Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 24 June 18th 10 09:25 AM
metal working [email protected] Metalworking 0 December 10th 07 08:05 AM
metal working Mike Henry Metalworking 16 April 11th 06 05:26 PM
Metal working tools for sheet metal... slightly different take than usual John Kelly Metalworking 0 November 12th 03 01:06 PM