Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default underwater metal working in the gulf

"Bill Noble" wrote:

for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's
happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other
action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at others. If you don't
have the sites bookmarked, look for 'spillcam" or go here
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam

The page on Rep Markey's site was smaller than normal. I went here to pick a non-embeded
web stream.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...ntId=706 2605

I hope this attempt works.

From what I've read, the BOP had one blind shear that a joint of pipe could foul. It
would seem that a second shear would have been plain common sense. My automation systems
use dual path circuits to control control power to things that can hurt one. Single point
failure in a BOP is idiotic. JMHO.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller