Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Milling head reinstalled

I put the milling head back on the Interact mill. Slightly exhausted.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:49:06 -0500, Ignoramus1737
wrote the following:

I put the milling head back on the Interact mill. Slightly exhausted.

What's exhausted, the mill or you? If it's you, whatever for? Didn't
you back your pickup into the shop and use the crane to lift and
support the head while you installed the nuts and bolts, Ig?

It was a pain in the ass. I used an engine hoist, had to keep legs
short, put a counterweight on the back, the head was awkward etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I put the milling head back on the Interact mill. Slightly exhausted.

What's exhausted, the mill or you? If it's you, whatever for? Didn't
you back your pickup into the shop and use the crane to lift and
support the head while you installed the nuts and bolts, Ig?

It was a pain in the ass. I used an engine hoist, had to keep legs
short, put a counterweight on the back, the head was awkward etc.

OK so add to your list of home "must haves" an over head hoist for lifting
heavy stuff. You will also need a selection of straps chains and other
rigging stuff to make short work of things.

These are a lot cheaper than back doctors.

--
Roger Shoaf