Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 8.8 mm dowel pin?

I'm making a snap ring feeder assembly for a line at work. I'm looking at the original
drawing for it and they call out an 8.8 mm dowel hole reamed thru. At first I thought it
was just a metric conversion of inch units but 8.8 mm =~ 0.3465 .

For chits and grins I measure the end I could get at since the machine was running
production and a 8.79 mm minus pin barely slipped in.

I can't find a metric reamer in that size nor can I find a 8.8 mm dowel pin. I have no
idea why they came up with this odd size. 8mm, 10mm, .375 whatever would fit and work in
this application.

Informed comments please.

Wes
--

I was a skeptic before I became a cynic.

Angled dowel jig Ken Muldrew Woodworking 3 July 15th 06 10:54 AM
What is better tennon or dowel? Bronwyn Mitchell Woodworking 3 April 14th 06 09:23 PM
Dowel Basics Relz Woodworking 1 March 10th 06 06:09 PM
DOWEL JIG J T Woodworking 0 February 27th 06 04:15 PM
DOWEL JIG J T Woodworking 0 January 10th 06 08:05 AM