Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Prosecute the victim

(An 80-year-old man can be prosecuted for using a handgun for self-defense,
but a repeat offender serves maybe a year of a 3-year sentence. In Daley's
world, this is justice.)

The Supreme Court is currently hearing McDonald v. Chicago, which could
repeal Chicago's longstanding handgun ban. But justice may come too late for
an elderly Korean War vet who was simply defending his 83-year-old wife and
12-year-old grandson.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that this man had been robbed at home "a
couple of months ago" by "three intruders." Afterwards, he "bought a gun and
vowed never to be a victim again."
Around 5:00 this morning, 30-something Anthony Nelson broke into the home by
breaking out a back window that leads to the elderly couple's unit. There
was a confrontation between the home invader and the homeowner, and the
invader shot at the elderly man with his revolver. The homeowner shot back
with his handgun, killing the attacker.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austi...y-face-charges

In the mean time.

At least 22 people were wounded in separate shootings around the city
roughly between noon Saturday and noon Sunday, including a man who died this
morning after he was shot in the head, Chicago police said.

One of the shootings was particularly disturbing because one of the female
victims was eight months pregnant. No one in custody for any of the
incidents.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/52/110..._1 _dead.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It does not look like that homeowner was charged with anything. I hope
that the Supreme court will rule in favor of the Constitution.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus5464" wrote in message
It does not look like that homeowner was charged with anything. I hope
that the Supreme court will rule in favor of the Constitution.

FWIW, the question before the Supreme Court in the McDonald case is not
about constitutional rights. That was already decided, in Heller.

The question is about how the 14th Amendment applies to the case. And that
question is not about the Constitution; it's about which way the wind is
blowing on the Supreme Court itself.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 03:00:23 -0700, "Azotic" wrote
the following:

[...]

Did you get a look at the crazy mofo Nelson, with his 13 PAGE RAP
SHEET? Why the hell was he still on the street? http://fwd4.me/REn

Kudos to the 80y/o shooter. Rest with no peace in Hell, Nelson.
(Hopefully, you'll be joining him there soon, Daley. May your city
riot if you pursue the 80y/o shooter for defending himself.)

In the mean time.

At least 22 people were wounded in separate shootings around the city
roughly between noon Saturday and noon Sunday, including a man who died this
morning after he was shot in the head, Chicago police said.

One of the shootings was particularly disturbing because one of the female
victims was eight months pregnant. No one in custody for any of the
incidents.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/52/110..._1 _dead.html

I guess Iggy literally -needs- his vast arsenal to live there. Daley's
handgun ban sure works, doesn't it? It protects innocent victims by
getting them off the streets, and into prison.

--
A well-informed mind is the best security against the contagion of
folly and of vice. The vacant mind is ever on the watch for relief,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-01, Larry Jaques wrote:
I guess Iggy literally -needs- his vast arsenal to live there. Daley's
handgun ban sure works, doesn't it? It protects innocent victims by
getting them off the streets, and into prison.

I do not live there and never would.

However, my neighbors just across the street from me were burgarized
by a similar looking fellow, just 2 weeks ago.

So, I like having a mini arsenal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus5464 wrote:

So, I like having a mini arsenal.

It would be better if you could carry some of it with you.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-01, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus5464 wrote:

So, I like having a mini arsenal.

It would be better if you could carry some of it with you.

Most definitely.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

Doesn't make any difference.
Illinois State law protects citizens from local anti-gun ordinances if they
use a firearm to defend themselves or their families in their homes.

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is an affirmative
defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits,
regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the
individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an
act of self-defense or defense of another. Effective immediately.

"Makes cross-references to the Sections relating to the justifiable
use of force in defense of one's person, in defense of another person,
and in defense of one's dwelling.

"Provides that the the affirmative defense is only available if the
individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an
act of self-defense or defense of another on his or her land or in his
or her own abode or fixed place of business."

Thank you for informing me of some sanity existing in Illinois. Hopefully the eldery gent
won't get beat up too bad for doing the right thing.

You have a take on this I haven't read or heard in my many info feeds.

Wes
--

I was a skeptic before I became a cynic.