Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default OT-Prosecute the victim

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

Doesn't make any difference.
Illinois State law protects citizens from local anti-gun ordinances if they
use a firearm to defend themselves or their families in their homes.

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is an affirmative
defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits,
regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the
individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an
act of self-defense or defense of another. Effective immediately.

"Makes cross-references to the Sections relating to the justifiable
use of force in defense of one's person, in defense of another person,
and in defense of one's dwelling.

"Provides that the the affirmative defense is only available if the
individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an
act of self-defense or defense of another on his or her land or in his
or her own abode or fixed place of business."

Thank you for informing me of some sanity existing in Illinois. Hopefully the eldery gent
won't get beat up too bad for doing the right thing.

You have a take on this I haven't read or heard in my many info feeds.

Wes
--

I was a skeptic before I became a cynic.