Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Great WWII reenactment today

Myself and my kids went to the IL train museum. Unbeknownst to us,
there was a huge WWII reenactment at the museum. It was very nicely
done.

It was themed as US vs. German fighting in Italy.

At the station, the German SS oversaw us boarding the train (ick), and
off we went with the SS on board and checking our papers.

Then they captured a downed US pilot. After 5 minutes a big battle
ensued, and US troops won, captured the SS and the battle was over
with a few "casualties".

I thought that it was very well done. My 4 year old was slightly
scared of shooting, but not the 9 year old.

At 3:30pm there was supposed to be a big battle, but unfortunately,
the kids were tired and we had to leave before seeing that. There was
shooting all over the museum, military vehicles (not armored), planes,
all together it was a very unexpected blast!

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 21:57:45 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

You only have one shoe? ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

You only have one shoe? ;-)

Of course. I live in Kalifornia, and thats all the Ration Board allows
Conservatives to have. That way when we kick Leftwing ass..its one foot
or the other, but not both.

Sigh.....sure blew that last sentence, didnt I?

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

Yep.

I have three pairs of shoes actually. I have a few good belts now, but
could not pass that one up. This belt (if it is not a fake) was made
in 1979 at the Karl Marx leather factory.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Getting old is a real bitch, isn't it?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

Yep.

I have three pairs of shoes actually. I have a few good belts now, but
could not pass that one up. This belt (if it is not a fake) was made
in 1979 at the Karl Marx leather factory.

This belt (if it is a fake) was made in 1959 at the Groucho Marx faux
leather factory. ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That stroke I had a year ago ...havent completely recovered from it.
Though its a LOT better inside my head than it was 6 months ago.

I can go days now without stepping on my dick.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus28053" wrote in message

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.

Sure but that is from the date of manufacture. It was being sold off
because it had been sitting on the shelf since 1965...

Besides, didn't you go and make a good belt a few months ago?

I think I have...hummm somewhere around 20 different belts. Some get
worn working, some get worn hunting, some get worn when laying under a
vehicle doing dirty work...and so forth.

Its not like they are ties or shoes. Those a person can only have one
each.

Yep.

I have three pairs of shoes actually. I have a few good belts now, but
could not pass that one up. This belt (if it is not a fake) was made
in 1979 at the Karl Marx leather factory.

I have 11 pairs of cowboy boots alone. 4 pair of combat boots..no..5
pair, and all manner of Rockports, sneakers, etc etc. I LOVE second
hand stores!!!!

And having a 10' wide closet helps....though...I really do need to go
through it and haul some stuff to the second hand store, so in 6 months
I can go back and repurchase some of it. (long story...sigh)

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Take a look in your mouth. Maybe it's there.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Getting old is a real bitch, isn't it?

That stroke I had a year ago ...havent completely recovered from it.
Though its a LOT better inside my head than it was 6 months ago.

It's easy to miss a word when you take a quick glance, because your
mind isn't looking for a missing word.

I can go days now without stepping on my dick.

That's good. It gives it a chance to heal. It's a good thing you
don't wear stilettos! ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 18:21:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Getting old is a real bitch, isn't it?

That stroke I had a year ago ...havent completely recovered from it.
Though its a LOT better inside my head than it was 6 months ago.

It's easy to miss a word when you take a quick glance, because your
mind isn't looking for a missing word.

I can go days now without stepping on my dick.

That's good. It gives it a chance to heal. It's a good thing you
don't wear stilettos! ;-)

But I do occasionally wear hobnails..which is even worse, one would
assume....sigh