Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28053 Ignoramus28053 is offline

Default Great WWII reenactment today

Myself and my kids went to the IL train museum. Unbeknownst to us,
there was a huge WWII reenactment at the museum. It was very nicely
done.

It was themed as US vs. German fighting in Italy.

At the station, the German SS oversaw us boarding the train (ick), and
off we went with the SS on board and checking our papers.

Then they captured a downed US pilot. After 5 minutes a big battle
ensued, and US troops won, captured the SS and the battle was over
with a few "casualties".

I thought that it was very well done. My 4 year old was slightly
scared of shooting, but not the 9 year old.

At 3:30pm there was supposed to be a big battle, but unfortunately,
the kids were tired and we had to leave before seeing that. There was
shooting all over the museum, military vehicles (not armored), planes,
all together it was a very unexpected blast!

I bought a Russian major's belt for just $10, those are made from good
leather and it should be a good belt for maybe 50 years.